Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vagabond Armor set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I notice that the vagabond armor (this is from the recent promos before the wall and beyond the wall for anyone who doesn't know) allows you to choose which chest armor, legs and bracers to use. I also noticed that the leggings which can be used as part of the set are an accessory not a piece of armor. Does this mean that you could take both the boots and the leggings on the same model and get the set bonus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmb
Yes it does as long as you match the pieces listed with the only restriction being that you can't wear head armour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, good catch. That makes the vagabond set way more interesting (was already interested), since it allows you to integrate often useful other boots into the set- not that the leather ones are bad, but for affinities, it's a nice departure from the obvious 3 green you make with regular leather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so, knowing how the Vagabond set and outfit rules work now... can you benefit from 2 armor sets at once?

If you take leather chest, legs, arms, waist; tabard; manhunter hat, that covers both, including the head restriction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I definitely think you have found a little loophole there. But given it isn't exactly easy to compile all that (for most people, those who are good enough to kill the Manhunter sure) and Poots history of leaving rules as written I think you would be able to. Nice!

I wonder if the head armour restriction of Vagabond was deliberately there to stop people from getting both sets complete at once without considering the Manhunter accessory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, let's not forget that we have no official ruling for 'Outfit', except the transcription of something that was just said (also, Manhunter cap has officially no 'Outfit' keyword, it is just stated in the same transcription that it should have), so we cannot be sure that this is working as intended until we get all the rules written down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules may change slightly if this is discovered then before official release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alessio, yeah, but he hasn't updated the FAQ in ages, and we have gotten him quoted as saying the missing keyword was an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmb
It would be really really nice if the replacement cards in the 1.4 pack included the expansions. As is... our group doesn't play with "should have" but rather what is written on the card in front of them. Manhunter's Hat in 1.4 please Mr Poots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur.
An official errata would be enough, but with a game like this, it feels like a waste to not have the actual printout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I'm working on dealing with some of those errors- most notably the missing keyword and 2 eye patches, but also a few spares where we use more than 3 cards... and in a few places, correcting bad english, since I'm anal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
One other thing to note about the armor set: Twilight Cloak is
3 armor to the head and is an accessory that you can get automatically with the updated Hooded Knight event from the Gencon promos. It works very nicely with the Vagabond Set, giving 4/5/4/4/4. Not too shabby.

The cloak is non-specific as well, meaning multiple characters can use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... an editor might have been a better investment than upgraded card stock or w/e.

I might be a grammar nazi, but the sheer volume of mistaking less and fewer really bugs me in particular since it's clearly not an oversight but someone not knowing the difference, and there are a lot of points where it's pretty obvious there were late changes or just plain no double-checking, and then there's the rather frustrating QC for promo material.

I mean, said it when the game came out and I still believe it- it's one of the best first editions I've ever seen, but with the sheer volume of stuff in the game, someone whose job was purely or primarily editing/QC would have been a great asset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.