Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bayden Hammond
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
I love the smell of cardboard in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are heading to our first Essen this year, and keen to know if there are nightly meetups for playing board games after the convention centre closes up its doors each night?

I imagine many people probably just meetup at their respective hotels. But, are there popular hotels in particular (or even other public spaces) where decent sized groups typically meet and play after hours?

Or, even better, is there a thread somewhere where people can list/find locations to meetup and play with like-minded geeks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was a boardgame group inviting everyone to their space. I'll try to find the link. Otherwise, I think most hotels will have something available.

*edit*
I think this was the one: Dice & Mystics Fringe - October 15th 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unperfekthaus - site of the pre-SPIEL meeting, should be a place to
go.

Ciao

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All bigger hotels work. Most obvious choice is the Atlantic city which is directly beneath the fair,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Mackenzie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
All bigger hotels work. Most obvious choice is the Atlantic city which is directly beneath the fair,

I agree. Last year I was staying quite far from the Messe. When the halls closed I would just walk to the Atlantic for after-hours gaming, there were plenty of happy, friendly people around to game with.

Since it's so close to the Messe I would recommend it to people who aren't staying at a big/close hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martina Frohme
Germany
flag msg tools
The Dice & Mystics Board Game Guild say: Have fun!
badge
We can still hear you, Major Tom. Thank you.
mbmbmbmbmb

I just posted a reminder to our Dice & Mystics Fringe, but I'll give you some of the details right here:

Here’s our general info again:

"Last year visitors regretted having next to no room to try out their games bought at SPIEL ESSEN. High spirits reached a low when unboxing on a hotel bed and retrieving components from under the duvet. This subject even came up at the Dice Tower panel.

We can help: SPIEL visitors can take their loot straight to our location in Bochum, just 15 to 20 minutes by car, sit down comfortably at large well-lit tables, reduce luggage weight and, of course, play, share experiences and have a glimpse at what others bought in turn.
The Dice & Mystics Fringe is free of charge and non-commercial. All we want is give fellow board gamers a chance to safely unbox and enjoy. There is space and time to play from 16.00 to 24.00 p.m.; however, places are limited, so we kindly ask you to contact us and make an appointment.

Food and soft drinks may be consumed on the premises. We ask you not to smoke inside the building. A delivery service is going to be there and take your orders (we’ll send you the menu in advance) at 18.00 and at 21 o’clock, and there is a kiosk the other side of the road.

So: You would like to come, too?

Contact us on DiceAndMystics@tidenreich.com and make an appointment, giving your name, address and contact data so that we can put you on our guest list (registration ends on 08.10.2016). We can give you directions on how to find us (just 3 turns from the autobahn; also by public transport)."

We are going to have a Mandalorian security service (They do have a special touch, Mandalorians...)and a demoing of both Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift and Black Hat by a high representative of Dragon Dawn Productions (who also happens to be our guild member...), and there is going to be a number of nationalities present, so I guess you will mainly hear English spoken.

We still have room for a few more attendees, so do feel invited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.