Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Folks,

I came upon a used Game of S.P.Q.Risiko at e-bay and I have to say:
This is a very cool and very adequate Variant of Risk.

The Theme: "Roman Empire in the Time of the Anarchy (3rd Century A.D.)" seems to suit better for this type of game than the Original Risk.

No Power ever was able to Conquer the whole world, so the Original Risk was always somewhat "unrealistic".
But several times and over longer periods - also at the end of the anarchy - a Roman Emperor managed to control ALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE.

So i.m.o. a very nicely Chosen Topic und very good components...

What do You think about the Chosen Epoch ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, I strongly agree the militar anarchy period matches very well with a Risk game.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the theme and I like the game too. I'm not an expert of the various incarnation of risk, but having played it several times, I can say that this is strategically deeper than the original. The use of victory points is flexible enough to accomodate different game lengths, which is IMHO a big plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"Our long national nightmare is over."
mbmbmbmbmb
A fine game. The naval rules were excellent. Nice components, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a good game. As you say the period is perfect. In my opinion it can't be a totally realistic game, but is enough to put you in the theme.
I only have played once with the Pete Belli's Optional rules, however it makes the game more realistic and it doesn't complicate the game at all. You can find this rules here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/354425/optional-rules-popul...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.