5 Posts

7 Wonders Duel» Forums » Rules

Subject: ECONOMY Token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Rybczak
msg tools
mbmbmb

Clarification needed - how do you understand Economy token?

Do I get as many coins as my opponent would need to spend to buy 1 unit of each 5 resources? = 2x5 = 10 coins at the beggining of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever the opponent buys resources and pays any money for them, that money goes to you instead of to the bank (where it would normally go).

English rules wrote:
Economy
You gain the money spent by your opponent when they trade
for resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Crutchington
United Kingdom
St Neots
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I clarify something here please?

So if they have the yellow card that lets them buy a resource for 1, you would get the 1 - or do you get (from the bank) how much they would have paid without the yellow card.

i.e. If I have the card that lets me buy Wood for 1, and my opponent has the Brown 2 Wood card...

I have to pay 1 gold to buy a wood - thank to my card, although the 'real' price should have been 4.

So do I pay the 1 to my opponent and thats it, or does he get to draw an additional 3 from the bank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get whatever it is the opponent is paying at the time. So whatever would have gone to the bank goes to you instead.

If the player has the commerce card that means they only pay 1 pet unit then they pay you only 1 per unit, the bank doesn't get involved at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darkrenown wrote:
So do I pay the 1 to my opponent and thats it, or does he get to draw an additional 3 from the bank?

When they pay money for resources, that money goes to you instead of the bank. If they pay 1 for the resource, then you get 1.

PS: It is worth doing a quick search before posting rule questions; searching the existing thread titles in the rules forum (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1580505/7-wonders-duel/r... ) for "economy" reveals at least 2 past rule forum threads about this question:
How exactly does the Economy Token work?
Economy token Question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.