Subject: Clarification on events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game yet, only read the rules

Could someone clarify the way events happen. I don't know, maybe it's a question of wording or me being dumb (probably the latest) but I'm not sure I understood that right.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of each round, the next event (that's placed face down randomly on preset places)on the scoretrack will trigger. That way, the 5th event will always be the final scoring that triggers the end of the game.

However, if during a round, a player scores points that makes his scoring marker surpass an event that is still face down, the event gets placed on top of the next event. That means the next round there will be two events triggering and the game will last one round less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
VetruvianGamer wrote:
At the beginning of each round, the next event (that's placed face down randomly on preset places)on the scoretrack will trigger. That way, the 5th event will always be the final scoring that triggers the end of the game.

However, if during a round, a player scores points that makes his scoring marker surpass an event that is still face down, the event gets placed on top of the next event. That means the next round there will be two events triggering and the game will last one round less.

And a big thank you for that and GGs to you :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VetruvianGamer wrote:

Correct. Thanks for the help while I was sleeping!

If you have additional questions please ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:

And a big thank you for that and GGs to you

Well thank you very much

HerrohGrant wrote:

I'm happy it was correct, I will be demoing the game this sunday in Belgium. It will be the first time the public gets to play this one at a convention. Exciting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VetruvianGamer wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

And a big thank you for that and GGs to you

Well thank you very much

HerrohGrant wrote:

I'm happy it was correct, I will be demoing the game this sunday in Belgium. It will be the first time the public gets to play this one at a convention. Exciting

Perhaps one in Europe? Ignacy demoed like a fiend at Dice Tower con and we were busy as beavers at Gen Con! Good luck and thank you for demoing. If you have any questions, geek mail me, post here, or email me at Grant@hyperbolegames.com so I can assist promptly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect the game to last 4 rounds on average.

Think of it this way: The game lasts a maximum of 5 rounds. Whenever a player passes an unrevealed event, it's going to cut a round off the game. I've only played a few times, but each game was 4 rounds.

I suspect it wouldn't be impossible to cut the game to 3 rounds, but I imagine it would require a seriously runaway leader, which would mean the other players are failing to cooperate enough to keep him in check. I also suspect that the only way the game will last the full 5 rounds is if all of the players are cautiously turtling and building infrastructure rather than aggressively taking territory.

I think it's a neat feature of the game that it will shorten or lengthen itself based on how close the scores are between the players. More games should do something like this. How many times have you played a game where it's stupidly obvious that a certain player it going to win, yet you still have another 30-60 minutes to grind out the inevitable conclusion? Not in Cry Havoc!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Expect the game to last 4 rounds on average.

Think of it this way: The game lasts a maximum of 5 rounds. Whenever a player passes an unrevealed event, it's going to cut a round off the game. I've only played a few times, but each game was 4 rounds.

I suspect it wouldn't be impossible to cut the game to 3 rounds, but I imagine it would require a seriously runaway leader, which would mean the other players are failing to cooperate enough to keep him in check. I also suspect that the only way the game will last the full 5 rounds is if all of the players are cautiously turtling and building infrastructure rather than aggressively taking territory.

I think it's a neat feature of the game that it will shorten or lengthen itself based on how close the scores are between the players. More games should do something like this. How many times have you played a game where it's stupidly obvious that a certain player it going to win, yet you still have another 30-60 minutes to grind out the inevitable conclusion? Not in Cry Havoc!

I actually see most new players take 5 rounds, and more often in 4p, but as you note it really depends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.