2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Best for 100 usd in Czech republic,europe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudárek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Guys I need advice, Im totall beginner, have only witcher, což Im a big fan of this franschise, I hv yet 100 USD roughly to spend in store www.cernyrytir.cz Ill b happy if someone help mě with some suggestions if to get a oné big complex game or severál smaller...Im currently for 6 weeks in hospital, so now have Mates to play with, but after releasing mě....Im from small town, no gaming group so maybe games for 2 wd b better, but maybe Ill find players in nearby bigger city of Zlín. I like history,war history,japanese culture, fantasy, horror movies too....i have zombicide rue morgue with expansion tiles and want to exchange for different game or games in the samé value, games which appealed to mě ..mmm brass deluxe, el Grande, puerto Rico, Letters from Whitechappel, posthuman is better than zombicide? Eldritch horror and dominant species, mayb yet Trajan, civilization...

Thnx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert V Tobal
Spain
Villaviciosa de Odon
Madrid
flag msg tools
Hi Martin and welcome to the geek. Your post poses a lot of questions that cone down go personal preference but I'll adress then as best as I can

1. One big game vs a few smaller? With a 100$ budget I'd try to grab 2 medium-priced games. You mentioned liking history so Twilight struggle, a game about the world events that took place during the cold war, might be a good option and it also happens to be a 2 player game. Memoir 44 is another solid historical option

2. You also mentioned being from a small town and having difficulty finding gaming partners so you might want to grab an easy to teach, approachable gateway game .7 wonders might do the trick here , with 7 wonders duel being a great 2, player spinoff. settlers of Catan, Smallworld, pandemic or Carcassonne are other great gateway options

3. You also mentioned wanting to trade and not being sure which game was better. This is entirely subjective and all the games you mentioned are solid choices. I'd suggest doing some research on your options and deciding which best fits your style of play. There's no right answer here

Good luck, welcome to the geek and get well soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.