Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone

The 1st expansion of Battalia: the creation, a great boardgame with card deck building mechanism bult in it is live now.

I was a backer of theirs first campaign (Battalia: The Creation).
they delivered quick and the components have one of the best quality I saw on KS campaigns, and I've seen and been in a few. I really mean that.
Nothing broken, no faulty design, no rough card edges, no bad cutting... instead sturdy cards, very strong player dashboards, beautiful artwork...strong mini's..... they won't bend.

I really enjoy the game, wonderful artwork and the game plays smoothly.

You have a lot of choices to take, conquer another city, build a city, build a road, battle against a faction, get the a great artefact in the ruin's and so on !!!

there are 7 different artefacts, you use to build or hire persons.
every artwork for each faction is different
Rules could be found here:
http://battalia.eu/rules/

The expansion makes it even more beautiful and it's funded. so you can get all the stuff in it if you back now !
please take a look and support if you like the game:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battalia/battalia-the-s...

I for instance like the star smuggler and the sunblessed faction alot. But this campaign offers even a more wide variety of things to be included in this CE edition of Stormgates.

free discussion!!!
What do you think?
Why did you back it?
If you didn't back it or took a look? what are you waiting for?

Please support Fantasmagoria making this awesome addition for Battalia, a reality..

p.s.: like this game on BGG if you are into it.

cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the quality of Battalia: Creation is awesome. Game itself... Well, i dislike deckbuilders, but i like Battalia very much! Thus i backed Stormgates within 1st day of KS campaign

Battalia is a very good game with nice mechanics. Stormgates adds more of thew good stuff not changing the gameplay drasticaly. Nor it is adding more complexity - it just adds more of great stuff that is already in base game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed. As someone who mostly plays 2p, I'm less excited about the 2 new factions (although the minis look great) and team play but more interested in the alternate play modes like the neutral characters.

With a 2p game, you can get to end game with very little conflict if you're inclined to turtle, so really excited to see the Ruin Guards were such an early stretch goal. My hope is that forces us to think a little more about military and defense.

Not really sure how I feel about the king and queen cards. We do tend to get a super-thin deck at the end, but I'm not sure these cards are juicy enough to encourage a fat deck strategy. Maybe if we can get the focus more military these would be more attractive.

The stardust/trade/chest cards don't really interest me much. I expect they'll be more interesting with team play. I'd much rather see the high-streach goals like the Valley of the Kings, and the other NPC minis. I want the rampaging Rammoth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it and I'm certain it will be great.

But that said, I was hoping the expansion would go explore the spatial aspect and not the card/deckbuilding aspect (which is already pretty advanced). Yes, there are some NPCs to be added, but they introduce additional complexity, remembering their rules, movements and whatnot. I feel like there's still not enough meat put into the hero miniatures. But oh well, it's their game, they already played it and I haven't so ... we will see.

Battalia is one currently the first and only 9+ I gave on BGG this year. This makes it sit proudly together with Android: Netrunner, LOTR LCG, Eclipse, Mice and Mystics, Quantum, Tash Kalar and Robo Rally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the 2nd time I lost because I kept my deck too thick... I wasn't sure about which card I should remove (limbo) and my wife took advantage of that mechanism -> smart gal.

anyway I know what to do, I really have to make a choice about what to keep in my deck because at the end you might get some cards back which aren't that interested anymore and it would take a while to get the ones which you need ofcourse cool, her deck was so thin... she ran out of it quickly and took everything back in hand very quickly...

soo good lesson, but that didn't make it less fun, with the artwork and stuff, it's a joy.
did you play the bleeding horn yet?
I still didn't had time but I will someday.

what about the elementals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you dislike deck building, but you have found in Battalia more then just deck building right? I understand there is so much more to offer in this game.

do you attack a lot or build cities?
you play with more then 3/4?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Sebastian:
did you play the bleeding horn?
there is more spatial challenge in this one?
also the characters hero sheets and terrain bonus variant?

our next game probably will be with terrain bonuses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I backed the previous campaign (Battalia: The Creation) and joined again for the expansion. The team-play is something that appeals to me a lot, especially since it's designed to shorten the playtime which is often not the case with team-based decision-making in boardgames so I'm really eager to try this out.

The new NPC's are cool also and will certainly add to the diversity in gameplay, I added the "The Keepe" NPC to my pledge for the same reason. The stardust is also interesting since thematicly you get addicted to it and are stuck with the card, how that mixes with how I normally play the game could be really cool and offer different choices.

Regarding the stretchgoals ahead. I've yet to try the bleeding horn (volcano) scenario from the previous campaign but i'm really excited about the The King/Queen valleys and how that will work on the gameboard. The many different locked (as of now) NPC's stretchgoals looks nice, especially the Moodies with the Moody dial and the Encounter book cards would be a great addition also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Master_Freezy wrote:
@Sebastian:
did you play the bleeding horn?
there is more spatial challenge in this one?
also the characters hero sheets and terrain bonus variant?

our next game probably will be with terrain bonuses :)

If by Bleeding Horn you mean the Volcano, then yes, I played it. Not a big fan (not enough space). Yes, I play with hero sheets and various other released variants. It's still not there, although the hero sheets were an important step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miroslav Popovic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Laktasi
RS
flag msg tools
badge
Board Gamer Weekly is a weekly curated publication full of interesting, relevant links about board games hobby. Subscribe now and never miss an issue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed and waiting for stretch goals to pour in... An expansion to gorgeous looking and very fun game to play - maybe the best Kickstarter project that I backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miroslavpopovic wrote:
Backed and waiting for stretch goals to pour in... An expansion to gorgeous looking and very fun game to play - maybe the best Kickstarter project that I backed!

Agreed! This was one of the best KS projects I ever did (and I've done 40 of them to date). Good art, great communication, great components and rules, great game.... just solid all around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Trisoliere
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Backed immediately! Check it out for yourself and prepare to get drawn into this beautiful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bazz Krycek
United Kingdom
leicester
uk
flag msg tools
BATTALIA IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER OWNED, PURE MAGIC TO PLAY AND VISUALLY STUNNING
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Marshall
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like Deck builders but also area control so this game looks a really great combination of play options. Looking forward to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Littleton
United States
High Point
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a great expansion for a very good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Ming
Italy
flag msg tools
Finally on KS!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Looks we reached the dashboards stretch goal. This is an awesome goal as it makes it easier to manage your cards, have your shelter and nation in place.

shelter: face up discard pile
nation: face down draw pile

Looking forward to seeing the next stretch goal unlock:
star smuggler and hero sheets.

what are you must looking forward too in this expansion?

also what do you think of this idea I mentioned on the comments KS page? would it work?

@Fantasma You know I always think a bit out of the box with those artefacts. Wouldn't it be nice for each faction to have it's own power/artefact? for instance, just thiking out loud you know: The islanders, they travel through water right? so might submerge from one side to get to the other?? ofcourse balancing is important so I leave that up to you guys ! but I think it might be an interesting concept... cause even that power card/artefact the faction can use when it turns up you know... again thinking out loud.
and ofcourse from that example, it has to be a water road of that faction to... so that means you will investigate in getting terrain cards specific for that faction (like terrain bonus) -> but different as it's use "when it turns up" only.

like the comments to help us and spread the word if you like this campaign.

K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Ninov
msg tools
Hello All,

Please find the last update from the campaign.

The fanatics

Some of you wished to know more about the content that is being unlocked, so here we will explain something about the fanatics.

The Fanatics cards represent our new universal faction in a way similar to the Unbound mercenary faction. They will count towards every possible cohort and add additional number of cards to every units deck. We call them also The Order Of The Half, since they are followers of a twisted version of all believes about the Oracle and they created their own religion out of it. Their big power is the ability to clone themselves for a short period of time and double their strength on will... But this ability has a permanent price - the player has to sacrifice one other card forever into the limbo in order to clone temporary a fanatic ...!!!

The Valley of the Kings

And here is a sneak peak of the Battle arena and the Stables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

The valley and stable look nice .
the fanatics are okay, I didn't use the mercenaries in the base game yet, I think they might work the same way with the unbound buff.

I just hope we reach the star smuggler, for me he looks like an important addition to the game, with star dust cards it's a way to trade for a great artefact. that would make the game even more interesting... hope we really reach him. if the stretch goals would be arranged like before, at 75K the star smuggler and 100K the rammoth. then they changed it rammoth 75K and star smuggler 100K, after a while they changed the 65K with the rammoth and they left the star smuggler at 100K.

How do you feel about the change? do you prefer having the star smuggler be left at 75K like me?

What great artefact do you like the best?

cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Ninov
msg tools
Hey, I like the rammoth and it was nice suprise to change it to 65k. I hope to get it to 100k and we will also have the smuggler

All artefacts are cool for me as they have different posibilites.

And let me post the latest updates.

) Second Fanatics Deck UNLOCKED ! - Hooray, now you can play with double amount of Fanatics in the unit decks and increase the chance to acquire a special universal card from this type and make use of their wonderful mechanics - short-term CLONING ... or as the Order of the Half was always used to preach: "You have to be willing to sacrifice some strength forever, to gain the REAL POWER of the DAY ...."

We are now on the right path to unlock as next goal the HERO SHEETS for the Wolfsclan and the Sunblessed factions. Hmmm-mmm so close, really close ! I'm repeating that because in the comments a couple of days ago I still had to convince people that the Hero powers are totally in reach and actually no problem to unlock! Hey hero sheets - here we come

one more last thing - a small sneak peak in the new design of the small trade post tokens (already unlocked SG). Today I will reveal 3 of them to you and here we are:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandar Guerov
Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia-city
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
9 days left and 18 stretch goals unlocked - 3 super detailed large miniatures are already in the loot chest and tons of other materials.

Just take a look : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battalia/battalia-the-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

glad we unlocked some great artefacts.
still hoping for the star smuggler maybe after the campaign we have the possibility.

looking forward to seeing new ideas about great artefacts, anyone any idea?

Lets keep the momentum, still 8 days to go !!!

cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Leirens
Belgium
Sint-Katharina-Lombeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone

The campaign came to an end yesterday evenin' (my time).
114K, it unlocked quite alot of stretch goals in the last days.

like star smuggler and armamentum's

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/014/000/735/ac8f46d1940973c...

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/014/007/817/d2255eabc79f865...

it's only the beginning
thanks for supporting everyone.

K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.