Subject: Dirty components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I understand a lot of people had problems with the dice from the first printing of the game. So far I have had three copies of Quantum the revised edition and every copy has had dirty, marked player boards and the dice smell funky. I haven't seen anyone else complain about the revised edition. To be honest it's more the condition of the player boards that bother me. Do I just have really bad luck or are others experiencing similar issues with the revised edition ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Might want to contact Passport Game Studios (they are the current publisher, right?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the revised edition. The dice smelled funky, but not THAT funky. One of the player boards was marked up, but ignored easily enough. I think the dice looked like they had some dust on them, but I can't remember anymore. I guess my point is that even though the revised edition has some issues, they're not nearly as bad as what I've heard about the original. I've had my copy since January and don't notice any smell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I sent an email to Fun forge as their logo was on the box, maybe I should contact Passport Game Studios as well just to be sure.

I washed the dice and cleaned things up a bit. The dice aren't as bad now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What do you mean marked? I've never noticed, but now that I look closely, I do see some marks under a certain light. Not sure if they've always been that way.
I do remember that the dice had some dust on them, but after washing them they're fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first two copies had dark green marks, almost like a newly printed photograph had been resting on the player boards before drying. The newest copy is no where near as bad but it's still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. Thought I would update the post now that I have had word back from Fun Forge, just in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Originally I had three marked player boards with some of the marks covering up text, a warped tile that was splitting and funky dice. Fun Forge sent me out replacement components at no extra cost. I thought that was pretty nice of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cal64 wrote:
Hey guys. Thought I would update the post now that I have had word back from Fun Forge, just in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Originally I had three marked player boards with some of the marks covering up text, a warped tile that was splitting and funky dice. Fun Forge sent me out replacement components at no extra cost. I thought that was pretty nice of them.

Awesome. I just sent a message to passport about the same issue. Components were very dirty when I received my game as well today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.