$15.00
$20.00
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Originally posted over a year ago. I've recently made some fixes to the card formatting and rule changes based on play testing. I've also made some updates to make the cards more friendly for Solo play.)

And now for something completely different!

The Impossible Man isn't evil. It's pretty useless to actually try to fight the guy. He's not really malicious. He is, however, powerful, dangerous, and a royal pain in the ass. I thought it would be an interesting and fun challenge to create him as a Mastermind!

He can shape-shift. He usually mimics the appearance and powers of a hero he's harassing at least once in any appearance. He can also teleport great distances. He's pretty childish and easily bored.

So I figured that giving him a [fight] value would not make sense. Instead, you're more or less trying to persuade him to leave you alone. Therefore, you use [recruit] to "defeat" Impossible Man. He doesn't "Always Lead" anyone -- just whoever he happens to find entertaining at the moment. Also, his Master Strikes and tactics shouldn't be particularly malicious, but they should be annoying as hell.

So here is my attempt at designing an Impossible Man mastermind card set. Any critiques and input would be welcome. Do I have the [recruit] value and victory points set too high or low?

Without further ado: Impossible Man!
(Images slightly updated 9/17/2015)
(Text and card titles updated 9/9/2016)

Impossible Man can only be fought with [recruit], not with [fight].
Always Leads: Anyone
Master Strike: Each player may Teleport one card. Then each player passes all cards in their hand to the player on their right. (Solo games: Teleport one card then put all your non-gray cards on the bottom of the hero deck and replace them with the same number of cards from the top of that deck.)

Tactic: Pop!
Fight: After drawing your next hand, you may Teleport one card. Then in clockwise order each player puts all non-gray cards on the bottom of the hero deck and replaces them with the same number of cards from the top of that deck.

Tactic: You people are boring!
Fight: Rescue all bystanders in the city. Swap as many villains in the city as possible with villains from any player's victory pile. This triggers the entering villains' Ambush effects.

Tactic: That looks like fun!
Fight: Place this tactic card in your discard pile. When you play it, it becomes a copy of any other card you have. After that hand put it in your victory pile. (You still count these victory points if the game ends with this card in your deck or discard pile.)

Tactic: Anything you can do...
Fight: Take top card of hero deck and place it next to Impossible Man. Until the next tactic card or Master Strike is revealed, add that card’s printed [fight] and [recruit] to Impossible Man. If a player attacks Impossible Man while the hero card is stacked, that player gains that hero. If a Master Strike happens first, place the hero card at the bottom of the hero deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Well done as always!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I should point out that both those posts now have the same images linked. I updated the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.