• [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Has this been discussed at all?

I'm fairly sure that I've read that the answer is no, since an upgrade kit would be about the same as the full game. I'd love to be wrong, though .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is going to be changed in the game other than the size of the box? I haven't really been keeping up too much on the newer version since I already have pretty much everything already released for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
What is going to be changed in the game other than the size of the box? I haven't really been keeping up too much on the newer version since I already have pretty much everything already released for this game.

Great question I'm wondering the same thing is the art in the game changing at all? Or is it just minor Corrections on cards and a new rule book along with a new box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignacy himself posted that there would be one. That was a while ago, though, and I have heard no talk about it lately.

Edit: See below.
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link where Ignacy said there would be an upgrade kit:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19971107#19971107

Link where he later said it wasn't feasible:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/52360?commentid=6222918#c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:

Thanks, Stephen; I hadn't seen that. That is disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
steckman wrote:

I'm interested in a nice, printed version of the manual ... if it is as improved as the rumors indicate. I would buy that from the Portal store if they sold it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Melenyk
United States
Bellaire
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Brother Jim wrote:
steckman wrote:

I'm interested in a nice, printed version of the manual ... if it is as improved as the rumors indicate. I would buy that from the Portal store if they sold it.

I would definitely purchase a new manual. Myth 2.0 let you get the 2.0 revised rules (and I think still does). Worth it! I'm totally ok having the old version with updated rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally in for a new manual. Hopefully they printed a bunch extra and will make them available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, new manual and I'll be happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Murr wrote:

Great question I'm wondering the same thing is the art in the game changing at all? Or is it just minor Corrections on cards and a new rule book along with a new box?

Hard to imagine they'd spend money for new art when the old one is so awesome. My understanding is that there will be better wooden pieces (same as Polish version now) and an improved rulebook plus box size - those are the only changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the old art, and Beagle is amazing... interested to see what ahs changed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Melenyk
United States
Bellaire
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yea the old art is incredible and distinctive. Not sure what better wooden pieces would add, unless they are actually shaped vs the discs.

The cards aren't bad. I've not had much trouble understanding them. Usually it's the symbology that I mix up.

I would like a new box size. Not a fan of the long, thin coffin box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at pre-order listings and other threads, it looks like a new box, new manual, better wooden components, new thicker player boards, and 450 edits and tweaks to cards and text. So...basically a whole new game. Definitely not just a new manual and box.

Oh, and the 7th scenario included for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbcorp26 wrote:
Yea the old art is incredible and distinctive. Not sure what better wooden pieces would add, unless they are actually shaped vs the discs.

The cards aren't bad. I've not had much trouble understanding them. Usually it's the symbology that I mix up.

I would like a new box size. Not a fan of the long, thin coffin box

New wooden pieces are custom resources instead of the awful cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
Looking at pre-order listings and other threads, it looks like a new box, new manual, better wooden components, new thicker player boards, and 450 edits and tweaks to cards and text. So...basically a whole new game. Definitely not just a new manual and box.

Some new wooden bits and a manual aren't a new game. Unless someone doesn't already have RC, I personally don't see a reason to buy the same game again.

I just hope for a PDF of the new manual, which I suspect we'll get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
japester1 wrote:

But the wooden components are already available (or were). A kit with manual ,player boards and maybe a few of the cards changed significantly would do most fans I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
japester1 wrote:

Some new wooden bits and a manual aren't a new game. Unless someone doesn't already have RC, I personally don't see a reason to buy the same game again.

Not my point at all. I was specifically responding to people who were saying this new edition differed from the original only in box art and the manual. The thread title isn't about whether the changes affect the actual game, it's the differences between the old version and this one new. Which I listed, to the best of my knowledge. If someone has the original and wanted to "upgrade" to this version, they'd basically need to buy the whole thing.

I own the original and haven't purchased any of the extra bits or promos, so this will be tempting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
skyzero wrote:
japester1 wrote:

Not my point at all. I was specifically responding to people who were saying this new edition differed from the original only in box art and the manual. The thread title isn't about whether the changes affect the actual game, it's the differences between the old version and this one new. Which I listed, to the best of my knowledge. If someone has the original and wanted to "upgrade" to this version, they'd basically need to buy the whole thing.

I own the original and haven't purchased any of the extra bits or promos, so this will be tempting.

I've bought all of the upgrades and the new game is still tempting.

I'll be interested in how the card text and board have changed, as well as the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
japester1 wrote:
skyzero wrote:
japester1 wrote:

I've bought all of the upgrades and the new game is still tempting.

I'll be interested in how the card text and board have changed, as well as the rulebook.

I'd need to see a whole new board and artwork before being tempted to buy it again. My guess is there may be a collector's edition someday which will do some of that. Will jump in there again if it materializes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:

I'd need to see a whole new board and artwork before being tempted to buy it again. My guess is there may be a collector's edition someday which will do some of that. Will jump in there again if it materializes.

I thought I read a while back that the board was being tweaked as well, but I don't have any references to back that up. I vaguely recall it being touted as smaller.

What do you envision for a collector's edition, should that occur? I admit I really like the board already. And with upgraded wooden bits, player boards, and maybe pawns, I'm not sure what else they could do other than perhaps better card stock and a killer tray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
skyzero wrote:

I thought I read a while back that the board was being tweaked as well, but I don't have any references to back that up. I vaguely recall it being touted as smaller.

What do you envision for a collector's edition, should that occur? I admit I really like the board already. And with upgraded wooden bits, player boards, and maybe pawns, I'm not sure what else they could do other than perhaps better card stock and a killer tray.

How about some better colors? This game is a colorblind's nightmare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Portal website it says that in the new version there are: "450 edits on the cards to improve clarity".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
"450 edits on the cards to improve clarity".

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.