Subject: Can I Still Buy/Get This Somewhere? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there is a solo version out there for download but I was looking at this version for the potential of playing it with multiple players as well. Is there still somewhere I can purchase the game, a way I could get the PnP files, or a Print on Demand somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is still in some stores. Perhaps some online, though I haven't checked. Where are you, as I know where some of the stores that still have copies are.

You can usually find copies on the BGG marketplace, although I see there are only copies available overseas right now.

It would be against the law to PnP or print-on-demand, as the CGF version is not in public domain, and is still under copyright. Please don't. ZimP solo is my gift to gaming, 1-8 player version is a way to pay me for my work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
The game is still in some stores. Perhaps some online, though I haven't checked. Where are you, as I know where some of the stores that still have copies are.

You can usually find copies on the BGG marketplace, although I see there are only copies available overseas right now.

It would be against the law to PnP or print-on-demand, as the CGF version is not in public domain, and is still under copyright. Please don't. ZimP solo is my gift to gaming, 1-8 player version is a way to pay me for my work.

I didn't mean an illegal way to get it. If it's not available that's just too bad for me

My profile has my location. I know for a fact my FLGS doesn't have it. They don't carry any of the CGF games. And I've also searched online but haven't found anything other than those over seas copies.

It's a bummer there is no way to get this. I'm pretty sure CGF went out of business so there will never be a reprint. I haven't seen any evidence of activity on their online social media in 4 years and their website no longer belongs to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the type of item that may be hard to find, but won't be super-expensive when you do find it. So, poke around and I bet you'll find someone who will sell/trade it.

My completely unbiased opinion* is that the game is worth some work to find.

*lie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CGF no longer owns the rights to the game. Perhaps someone else might like to publish it, now?

Secondary way to get it; ask the people who have it listed as "for trade", if they would be interested in selling. This has worked for me, in a couple of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thank you for the suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
CGF no longer owns the rights to the game. Perhaps someone else might like to publish it, now?

Secondary way to get it; ask the people who have it listed as "for trade", if they would be interested in selling. This has worked for me, in a couple of games.

I'm interested. Please, check your inbox
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.