Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

It is a long shot but what the hell:

I have two settlement cards that are damaged (it came like that in the box):

- Lantern hoard
- Organ Grinder

I contacted the company but they told me they don't have any replacement.

By any chance, does anyone have these two cards (or one of them) in extra?
I'm willing to pay for them of course.

PS: I know there is a PDF file with a least one of those but I need these cards to be unnoticeable when placed among the other settlement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, why do you *need* the cards to be unnoticeable when placed among the other settlement cards? They're not randomized. You could technically run the settlement phase off of a spreadsheet.

You should be able to get another Lantern Hoard when the reprint happens, but that'll be a while off (actually, if you keep a record of your complaint perhaps you might be able to snag both when the reprint happens if you bring it back up with Poots and company when they have stock again). When the reprint happens though, they'll be making a 1.4 upgrade kit for owners of the first printing that'll have a replacement Lantern Hoard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) Because my OCD needs it (and my OCD tends to be more demanding when the game costs about 500 euros).
2) It will solve the lantern hoard case but not the organ grinder one.

That alone, prevents me from enjoying the game.
OCD is a pain in the butt.

And here is the worst part:

I bought a pristine copy of KD:M and then, decided to offer it to a friend who really liked the game before buying another copy which happened to be damaged (crooked cards, worn out box and cracked tray).

So I had a perfect set to begin with but not anymore...

And I will not ask my friend to trade his set with mine, that would be a sh***y move. I'm not like that.
I'm just a guy with severe OCD whose favorite game is in bad shape.
And I paid twice the price to eventually end up wit this...

This, I hope, explains my request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was mostly curious. Damaged components are always crappy, but if there's no more, there's no more. I can't imagine why anyone would have 2 sets but it never hurts to ask. I just wouldn't hold my breath is all.

Thinking outside the box then, another option might be to photocopy the other settlement locations so they all match, or perhaps printing new ones with a printing service (or even just printing and mounting them yourself) along with replacements for the ones you have to ensure they all match. Won't be original, but at least your set will be coherent? It's more investment, but if you can't wait for the reprint it might be your best (and most realistic) option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Kinda following the above topic: taking a scan of your friend's copy and going to a print shop might yield the best short-term results. They might be able to replicate the print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is not what I want and I explained why.
Thank you anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
baylock wrote:
Hi,

- Lantern hoard
- Organ Grinder

PS: I know there is a PDF file with a least one of those but I need these cards to be unnoticeable when placed among the other settlement cards.

I understand, it's not OCD, it's wanting what your hard-earned money paid for. I'm sure, when more stock is available, they'd be more than happy to replace it.
For now, I'd sleeve them, shuffle them under a table and just draw randomly. The sleeves should prevent your hands from feeling out the damaged cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hwknight wrote:
For now, I'd sleeve them, shuffle them under a table and just draw randomly. The sleeves should prevent your hands from feeling out the damaged cards.

These are the location cards that describe the actions you can take in the settlement, and that have the lists of equipment you can make. There's nothing to shuffle or draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hwknight wrote:
baylock wrote:
Hi,

- Lantern hoard
- Organ Grinder

I understand, it's not OCD, it's wanting what your hard-earned money paid for. I'm sure, when more stock is available, they'd be more than happy to replace it.

No, it's OCD, believe me!
I don't care the money I paid for it (I do but it's not a factor here).
Whatever I have that I really like, expensive or not, if it has any flaw that I know of, I just don't use it anymore because my mind is focused on the flaw and on nothing else. And it ruins my experience and pleasure for good.
I'm considering buying another copy of the game, just because of that.
I'm the kind of guy who would buy a new tv set just because I noticed a dead pixel on the screen.
And I'm not even wealthy.
That's OCD in my book :-)

I can live with a slightly worn out board game (if I played it a lot), but two crooked cards, that I can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn barnes
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly you're probably out of luck unless you find someone piecing out the game. No one's going to "have extras". I had a similar issue and got the same response from the company, really makes me mad they didn't have the foresight to create extras and set them aside, especially when some items were damaged before even being opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.