Subject: ST: The Dice Game on Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Hello Carl, great solo dice game. I try to find solo games to play because I'm in my 50's now and most friends are away. I've tried playing on-line but just not the same as at the table. I have recently learned how to transfer board games in vassalengine.org in order to play solo games from my favorite games of past and some new ones. I still enjoy playing on the table but using the computer does help with shuffling and clean-up. I prefer to throw my own dice nothing compares to the feeling. I was wondering if it were possible with your permission if I may be able to transfer your PnP version to Vassal. This would give other players like me an opportunity to play the game. Under Vassalengine.org policy we can only place games with permission and will give the creator and designer full credit. Please consider my request and nothing will be transferred without your approval. Looking foreword to your next designs.
Thanks-Again
Freddie Christian
bhfredjenni@gmail.com
frozenmoon1127@hotmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll repeat here what I sent by PM:

Wow, delighted you enjoy the game enough to want to build a Vassal module! Please, be my guest, I'm more than happy for you to make it available to those who don't fancy the effort of building it or the cost of ordering it.

Looking forward to trying it, and thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thanks again Carl, I will keep you updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kros
msg tools
Hey man, I was wondering how far along you are with the vassal module. I would really love to play the game. Sadly I don't have the means to print out a physical version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Yes Daniel, should be ready by Monday Oct 17th. Just finishing up some cleaning and adjustments. Will post here when up on vassal. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kros
msg tools
That's awesome. I'm looking forward to it

P.S: I've printed out a copy of the game and managed to beat it on easy difficulty hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The game is now available on http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Trek:_The_Dice_Game Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, fantastic work! Thanks so much!

I've only played a couple of turns to test it out, need to start work now, so I'll try and get some time on it later.

One thing I noticed; one of the Dev cards, Cyrano Jones, allows for 4 Dev cards to be in play. How is that implemented?

Again, I'm really grateful for your work on this, hopefully this will give non-crafter folk a chance to try the game out, as well as giving people who already enjoy the game a convenient new way to play. Hats off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kros
msg tools
I've played through a game and it went really well. I like how you added the tokens to remind us of rerolling crew dice or putting 1 threat die into quarters etc.

So far I've only found 2 real issues which are the following:

- Returning a mission card to the bottom of the deck didn't seem to work,so I just dragged it off the board.
- As Carl mentioned, there's no room to put a 4th development card if you have Cyrano Jones.

Just an idea, but maybe you could put the discard piles in a separate window to make some room on the board so we have an extra space for the 4th development card.

P.S:
I hope that this will attract more people to this great game.
I want to thank both Carl for creating the game and Fred for creating the Vassal module.

Good job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thanks Carl, I submitted the 2 new changes: 1. Now have a Cyrano Jones 4th Development Card Box (I was just stacking first two cards but needs its own box) 2. I accidentally deleted the Mission Return to Deck code to allow the Return to bottom of deck. So now that's been fixed. I just now submitted new game file so you may have to wait until tomorrow to re-download module. Thanks again for allowing me this opportunity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thanks Daniel, I'm so glad you liked the game if you find any other problems or suggestions please let me know. I also added the Event discard window to make room for the additional Dev Card Box. I submitted the 2 new changes: 1. Now have a Cyrano Jones 4th Development Card Box (I was just stacking first two cards but needs its own box) 2. I accidentally deleted the Mission Return to Deck code to allow the Return to bottom of deck. So now that's been fixed. I just now submitted new game file so you may have to wait until tomorrow to re-download module. Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.