Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
150 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » News

Subject: Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop parting ways, Fury of Dracula affected. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Goo
msg tools
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...

After February they'll stop selling copies. No word on if additional copies will be printed between now and then, at least none that I can find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
How is Fury even related to GW in any way? (honest question - I haven't actually ever played Fury, but I saw the announcement and this entry on the affected games list was really puzzling to me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They (GW) did the original version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
How is Fury even related to GW in any way? (honest question - I haven't actually ever played Fury, but I saw the announcement and this entry on the affected games list was really puzzling to me)

The Fury of Dracula was first published by GW in 1987, both the subsequent editions developed and published by FFG were under licence from GW as stated in the rule books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, got it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I really hoped I was wrong when I started kicking up some dust earlier this year. And damn how much I hoped I was wrong.

Forbidden Stars, Warhammer Quest card game, Fury of Dracula and Blood Bowl Team Manager are great titles. Don't miss out on them if you still can find them!

I am sad that Forbidden Stars and Warhammer Quest died before getting even a single boxed expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm, I have 2nd edition. I guess I should decide if I want 3rd edition before it's gone for good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Well, I really hoped I was wrong when I started kicking up some dust earlier this year. And damn how much I hoped I was wrong.

Forbidden Stars, Warhammer Quest card game, Fury of Dracula and Blood Bowl Team Manager are great titles. Don't miss out on them if you still can find them!

I am sad that Forbidden Stars and Warhammer Quest died before getting even a single boxed expansion.

Chaos in the Old World is also great. I assume it will also be affected. Having read the press release in its entirety, I now know CitOW will be affected. I recommend picking it up while it's still available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidT wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

Chaos in the Old World is also great. I assume it will also be affected.

Yes, you can see the full list by following the link in the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
DavidT wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

Chaos in the Old World is also great. I assume it will also be affected.

Yes, you can see the full list by following the link in the OP.

Thanks, I actually followed it after replying. That will teach me to interject without reading the press release first. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised that DungeonQuest isn't on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeonquest is in the Terrinoth realm now, maybe thats why? not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Dungeonquest is in the Terrinoth realm now, maybe thats why? not sure.

Didn't GW produce Dungeonquest under licence from its original publisher and FFG has a separate licence independently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Games Workshop developed the first edition of Fury of Dracula. FFG designers had a role in developing 2nd Edition (I think) and FFG played a big part in the redesign in 3rd edition. How does that work, when the rights revert? Does Games Workshop now have rights to the full 3rd Edition game? Or will NO ONE have the right to reprint 3rd Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
So Games Workshop developed the first edition of Fury of Dracula. FFG designers had a role in developing 2nd Edition (I think) and FFG played a big part in the redesign in 3rd edition. How does that work, when the rights revert? Does Games Workshop now have rights to the full 3rd Edition game? Or will NO ONE have the right to reprint 3rd Edition?

I'm guessing there's a detailed legal document that breaks down ownership and under what conditions and terms the game can be printed in its current edition. In the end, the only people that will likely make money off the game are the lawyers and file clerks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Captain
United States
Travis AFB
California
flag msg tools
badge
Carry On!
mbmbmbmbmb
ModernTenshi04 wrote:

After tomorrow they'll stop selling. Cuz they'll all be sold out.

I'm literally almost in tears cuz Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game is no more; one of my all-time fav. I know lots of people feel the same way about Fury of Dracula (third edition) and Forbidden Stars. They'll be missed.

You still want any of these... BUY THEM NOW! I guarantee they'll be sold out in days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capt Carry On wrote:

CSI has gone from 20+ earlier today to just 4 left in stock right now out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
Capt Carry On wrote:

CSI has gone from 20+ earlier today to just 4 left in stock right now out of stock.

Still plenty (20+) left in stock at MM. Also, I checked CSI about an hour ago, and they still had 20+. I'm not saying there aren't that many people eager to buy FOD in the last hour, but I also wouldn't rule out CSI pulling copies off the site to sell at a premium later.

Either way, grab 'em while you can, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
unbelievable
out of print sooo long, it finally comes back and almost immediately goes back out of print
sickening
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now out at CSI, MM, Amazon, etc.

"I've never really seen one, but that's got all the earmarks of being a run."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it at tabletop.com. According to the website it's still in stock for $44.65

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jowett
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just snagged me a copy before this disappears again or gets reprinted by GW at the crazy ridiculous marked up prices they are known for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg piotrowski

Doylestown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Apparently, it's gone everywhere already. Amazon said "currently out, but will ship later", so I bought one. Won't be surprised if the order gets cancelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw this news at about 9 this morning I bought a copy off the marketplace NIS for $35. Figured that whether I play it or sell it later, couldn't beat it for that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still two copies on Marketplace NIS for $40 plus shipping as of a few seconds ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.