$35.00
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
I played Early January, but we basically played normal Pandemic.

I'm watching the Dice Tower playthrough of Early January, and noticed that my group cured all four diseases as normal instead of drawing through the legacy deck beyond the first couple cards and doing what it would have told us to do, like Tom is doing.

I don't really know that I want to make my group play through Early January again, and we won handidly and early.

SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST GAME IN MY QUESTION BELOW:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Can I just assume we completed the new post-2nd-epidemic legacy objective, since it says we'd only need to cure the normal diesases? I can still sticker the yellow disease now for future months, and put a level 1 on the 2 cities that had an outbreak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Yeah. If you remember enough about the game to do afterwards what you should have done during the game, that's a reasonable enough fix.

What happens mid-January makes life easier in some ways but harder in others. If you won comfortably, just assume you'd have won anyway and move on.

It's pretty clear that January is set up as a trainer month to get people used to how the legacy deck works. As long as you learn from your mistakes, you're now better equipped for what follows. (-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you win before the second epidemic card? Because if so, there are rules in place that tell you what to do.

If you got to the second epidemic in that game, then you should definitely play again because something happens in January at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you need to replay the game. We forgot to do the same thing, so we just made our choice as best we could before the next game started and went from there. There's no pressing reason it must be done during that game, even though it's probably better that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
NinjaMike wrote:
Did you win before the second epidemic card? Because if so, there are rules in place that tell you what to do.

If you got to the second epidemic in that game, then you should definitely play again because something happens in January at that point.
I understand that, and I know what it is that happens (having by now watched all of the DT video for Early January). But I don't think we would have lost.

We also still need to sticker everything, as we hadn't taken care of the post-game changes. The most that was altered thus far was I wrote our win on the character cards and the manual.

My feeling is that we should probably just continue, but I'm going to ask my group whether they want to replay the first game or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't played February yet, I would replay it. Just consider it a warm-up game.

What's the harm in replaying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
If you haven't played February yet, I would replay it. Just consider it a warm-up game.

What's the harm in replaying it?

I agree.

Does your whole group know what happens? I would feel like I missed out if I didn't experience the changes as they happen in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my 2nd run through (i.e. Different group) we missed it too.

Boy did I feel dumb knowing it should have happened and forgetting it.

I would replay it if you could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My default would be to replay it with the Legacy rules in effect just so you have some experience with them before you introduce {spoiler} and {spoiler} in February and have to adjust to them too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thrasher
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, my group played through January without triggering the legacy card event at the second epidemic too. I felt like an idiot, since it was my job to manage the legacy deck. We decided not to restart from the beginning, because we had a couple of stickers to the board and did not want to peel them off. So, we executed the legacy cards at the end of the game and moved on to February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a reason they give you that reminder token. If you ever see the top card of the legacy deck tell you to draw it midway through a month (usually after X epidemics), you can put that purple ! token on the infection rate track in the correct spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.