Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you get one of the Undiscovered Deck cards, I assume they go directly to your hand like an advanced action card. So next question is: do you need the red/blue/yellow data to activate the top ability on it? And therefore the bottom requires both that and a black data? I wasn't clear on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Undiscovered Deck Rules Question
otomo jon wrote:
When you get one of these cards, I assume they go directly to your hand like an advanced action card. So next question is: do you need the red/blue/yellow data to activate the top ability on it? And therefore the bottom requires both that and a black data? I wasn't clear on that.

They go on top of your deck like an advanced action, not directly into your hand. The difference is slight, but if you've taken Damage and are over your hand limit you won't be able to draw them directly, which can matter.

As far as the question: yes, to activate the top you need the correct color data, and to activate the top you need both that color of data AND a black data. Since you can only use one data from the core, though, you'll have to have stored the appropriate color or have some other means of accessing a second one. That's why the bottom is much more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Undiscovered Deck Rules Question
Thanks, definitely played that wrong then

Next: Say you are attacking a starbase and you move into the space after winning and there is a ship next to it, does it automatically attack you at that point or does it not because you've already done an action for the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

otomo jon wrote:
When you get one of these cards, I assume they go directly to your hand like an advanced action card. So next question is: do you need the red/blue/yellow data to ...

Just for the record, which cards are we talking about? You neglected to mention that part in your OP.

Though Joseph figured it out, I'm sure others who are new to the game might now so easily, and would appreciate being to find and learn from your thread using the search function!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
otomo jon wrote:
Thanks, definitely played that wrong then

Next: Say you are attacking a starbase and you move into the space after winning and there is a ship next to it, does it automatically attack you at that point or does it not because you've already done an action for the turn?

Whenever you move for free onto a starbase or other location that you've conquered, it never provokes nearby enemies.

Thanks,

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome thank you guys for help. I realize there's one more question that is broader: what if you land in an adjacent space between two enemy ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'free move' into a starbase doesn't provoke rampaging enemies. I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the rules or tutorial somewhere (or maybe it's on the site reference cards).

Edit: ninja serves me right for replying in a tab that I opened an hour ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
otomo jon wrote:
Awesome thank you guys for help. I realize there's one more question that is broader: what if you land in an adjacent space between two enemy ships?

I assume you are talking about normal movement (not involving conquering starbases).

In that case, it always depends on whether you were adjacent to a particular enemy ship both before AND after movement. So if you move in such a way as to provoke two enemy ships at the same time, then you must fight them both at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.