Subject: Dark Past Card: Hero Chooses to take 3 Corruption or 3 Wounds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atul Deshpande
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
When does this choice come into play?
Given that a hero reveals his dark past only when they reach max corruption, either corruption or wounds will have the same effect - to add additional wounds to the hero.

Is there any scenario where a hero has to reveal his dark past before max corruption? Am I missing something, or was this card not well thought out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A good point that was also recently brought up in another thread. If you need to have full corruption to trigger your Dark Past, then you're going to take three damage in all cases with this card, barring any equipment cards that might somehow reduce it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I believe there's a single story that can flip up a Dark Past card early. Doesn't seem worth having so many wasted words, but maybe it was a more common thing earlier in development and is a bit of an artifact!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
I believe there's a single story that can flip up a Dark Past card early. Doesn't seem worth having so many wasted words, but maybe it was a more common thing earlier in development and is a bit of an artifact!

That single scenario says to 'look' at another dark past card. I assume that it's official, the intention is to look and resolve the dark past effects? Makes the most sense. That way this card would be relevant to those playing with the core game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
JJJBonez wrote:
Paul G wrote:

That single scenario says to 'look' at another dark past card. I assume that it's official, the intention is to look and resolve the dark past effects? Makes the most sense. That way this card would be relevant to those playing with the core game.

This seems logical. That is the #4 card which is very unlikely to be in play when a dark past card is looked at.

I would like an official answer to the meaning of the post mission text with "look".

The Mayor is an exclusive, thus would be strange to create a dark past rule which is affected only by him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.