$30.00
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So the wife goes on to bed, and I'm bored with the Denver-Carolina game, so I start flipping channels -- and stopped, dead in my tracks, at 135.

Freaking original Star Trek! Freaking original Star Trek pilot!!!! Freaking original Star Trek Marathon*!!!!!

Thank you BBCA, thank you!

*--for the younger set, that's what you kiddies call "binge watching"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Basically all the Star Treks are available on the main streaming services. If you have Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime you can binge watch all the series (The animated series is only on Netflix).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Dude, I stay off the grid as much as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
So the wife goes on to bed, and I'm bored with the Denver-Carolina game,

WTF? That game was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
A Geeklist for your enjoyment:

N/A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Daddys_Home wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
So the wife goes on to bed, and I'm bored with the Denver-Carolina game,

WTF? That game was awesome.

Quit at halftime, intended to come back.

But yeah, the Broncs -- may they all burn in hell -- made a heck of a comeback. That kid from Northwestern looked pretty good behind center. Tough for me to say, being a 40-year Raiders fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Tough for me to say, being a 40-year Raiders fan.

I knew I hated you for some reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
remorseless1 wrote:
Tough for me to say, being a 40-year Raiders fan.
Daddys_Home wrote:
I knew I hated you for some reason
sauron-Mr.SPORK~"Your HATRED logically 'manifesters' due too beyond the usual 'malattributes' of said 'Raiders', but, it is 'good enough' of ANY for myself as well."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was told the animated series was essentially TOS 4. same writers, same actors except checkov ( due to lack of budget ).

You should check out Star Trek continues too. It's very true to TOS- even using the same actors sometimes ("Who Mourns for Adonis" followup).

In the Mirror Mirror universe followup, I finally saw another actor portray Kirk close to correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
So the wife goes on to bed, and I'm bored with the Denver-Carolina game, so I start flipping channels -- and stopped, dead in my tracks, at 135.

Freaking original Star Trek! Freaking original Star Trek pilot!!!! Freaking original Star Trek Marathon*!!!!!

Now when you say they showed the pilot, did they show it in its original form without the TOS wraparound plot. That would be awesome.

BTW, I have about a decade on you in Raider Fandom, so I feel your pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Was told the animated series was essentially TOS 4. same writers, same actors except checkov ( due to lack of budget ).

That's true, yep. It's unfortunate Roddenberry didn't take it seriously because everyone else involved with it did. If you don't mind animation it's literally just two more years of TOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Basically all the Star Treks are available on the main streaming services. If you have Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime you can binge watch all the series (The animated series is only on Netflix).

It's not the same to "find" a show on and to watch it on netflix.

However, when i "find" a show on, then I'll get out the DVD or go to netflix to avoid the excessive commercials these days. (Used to be 8 minutes of commercials- now it's 18. Not even sure how they can show TOS unedited unless they have less commercials).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Now when you say they showed the pilot, did they show it in its original form without the TOS wraparound plot. That would be awesome.

BTW, I have about a decade on you in Raider Fandom, so I feel your pain.

This was the original one "Where No Man Has Gone," with the always-hot Sally Kellerman.

And hey! The Raiders won! The Raiders won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.