Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) My wife and I get extreme AP so we can't have 16 cards sitting in a buy row. We shuffle all the cards together and when we want to buy a card we draw 3 and pick 1, and shuffle the rest back in. Aids in set-up, creates a bit more randomness which we like, and prevents AP from staring at the cards trying to form an engine in your head (we don't like doing that).

2) We use half the VP tokens on each card for a speedier game, which has worked out very nicely.

Maybe someone will like these, maybe they won't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I have this, but haven't played it yet and I already thought of #2. I would have done that without a second thought. Glad to know it works.

I like your first idea, but I'd like to add conditions that grant more of a selection. I thought of this right after reading your post: your largest number of adjacent regions lets you view that many cards when purchasing. Granted, I should understand the rules first but I like your thinking with this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.