Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked various websites. Out of stock at CSI and MM. Cardhaus has 3 copies left.

eBay with more choices, ranging from ~$80 plus shipping to someone who's asking $133.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has it for about $74 with free (Prime) shipping right now.
Just picked up a second copy for myself. I'm sure they won't last long at that price though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a fair supply of this in the UK's online stores. It can be had for £60 at the moment, though once the stores wake up to recent developments, I expect the prices to rise in a fair number of cases.

I take it that with the FFG/GW parting of the ways, games like Forbidden Stars will not be printed again. If that is the case, then this game and others like it might be worthwhile for some people to grab now while they still can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:
There seems to be a fair supply of this in the UK's online stores. It can be had for £60 at the moment, though once the stores wake up to recent developments, I expect the prices to rise in a fair number of cases.

I take it that with the FFG/GW parting of the ways, games like Forbidden Stars will not be printed again. If that is the case, then this game and others like it might be worthwhile for some people to grab now while they still can.

Probably not. Although when FFG took over Talisman they did a conversion sort of. Not sure what to expect. Maybe some prayers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For better or worse, I participated in the "Forbidden Stars" rush and picked up a copy on Amazon for $74.00 immediately after hearing about the split.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Same. Same.

I'll probably never get it to the table, but I want to believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really like the IP I would pick it up, if its the game play and theme of space I could see a game like this coming out with the Star Wars IP from fantasy flight very soon since they just lost this game and Im sure they did not want to waste a bunch of time creating a game they could only sell for about a year and half, they now have a hole in the board game lineup that can be filled perfectly with more Star Wars hahahahahah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
smith2332 wrote:
If you really like the IP I would pick it up, if its the game play and theme of space I could see a game like this coming out with the Star Wars IP from fantasy flight very soon since they just lost this game and Im sure they did not want to waste a bunch of time creating a game they could only sell for about a year and half, they now have a hole in the board game lineup that can be filled perfectly with more Star Wars hahahahahah

Or maybe in the TI3 universe. It's a rich universe with a lot of races and they own 100% of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Steinbauer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was on the fence about the game, but I know I would desperately want it once it's out of print :-). Bought a copy as well at a local store for the insane price you pay in Canadian Monopoly Dollars right now.

Not buying it to sell for a profit though. Games should be played, not invested in :-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parceval wrote:
Bought a copy as well at a local store for the insane price you pay in Canadian Monopoly Dollars right now.

Me too as it was on my "down the road" list and rapidly rose to the top of the "OMG get now!" list despite the price.

I sure hope you got it from MeepleMart or similar to get the best bang for your buck, they had lots of stock when I ordered Saturday...alas not today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Steinbauer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope, went to a local store so it came to about 10$ more in total. I'm okay with paying a bit more though. Prefer them boardgame shops to stay around instead of being replaced by just another Pedicure Salon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered my copy the day of the official announcement. Also found a copy of Chaos in the Old World from an obscure locale shop that still had a copy. As of today, cannot locate a copy of either below retail and most are above and climbing.

I'm just glad I got my copies before things get really out of control (See Horned Rat expansion for CitOW, which I already own).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Parceval wrote:
Games should be played, not invested in :-).
Nothing wrong with a game being both. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could get two copies at $99 each. Don't think it will be profitable, to be honest. Retheme will happen before I can turn them over, I'd wager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I could get two copies at $99 each. Don't think it will be profitable, to be honest. Retheme will happen before I can turn them over, I'd wager.

I don't think so. It's already a retheme of StarCraft. I'm sure they'll reuse some of the mechanics in future games but I wouldn't expect anything similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
justrick wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

I don't think so. It's already a retheme of StarCraft. I'm sure they'll reuse some of the mechanics in future games but I wouldn't expect anything similar.

And it was 8 years between those two games. They also got rid of a lot of the design team of Forbidden Stars. I don't think Forbidden Stars will appreciate that much though. I would only buy it if you want to play it. After the initial rush of gouging it is going to settle in to being around MSRP. I got StarCraft and its expansion in 2014 for $180. That was only a $30 premium on MSRP and many years after going out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a copy on Amazon and noticed something I had not seen before: sold by Amazon exclusively for Prime members. So if you are not a Prime member, you can't buy it. Very interesting, Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.