Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it scale well? What rules are changed to make it so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played mine yet but it looks like the only difference between the player counts is the number of market and initiative cards that are displayed. It looks like it scales very easily in that fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Green archer needs food badly!
badge
I am to misbehave.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are zero rule changes. Each player count level has a different number of market slots and a different number of starting dice. I suggest checking out the rules PDF in the files section.

I've played Roll Player a lot 3 & 4 player but have my first 2P game the other night. Its much less forgiving as there are fewer market cards and dice rolled each round. You also don't see as many of the dice. However it played very well and I'll be playing it often with just my wife.

Though IMO 3P is the sweet spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
pikkusiili2000 wrote:
I haven't played mine yet but it looks like the only difference between the player counts is the number of market and initiative cards that are displayed. It looks like it scales very easily in that fashion.

Yeah that was my main concern since less dice are used. how is that determined, does it ever change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Yeah that was my main concern since less dice are used. how is that determined, does it ever change?
The number of dice rolled per round is (# players)+1, so the number of unchosen options stays constant. The last player in the round always chooses between 2 dice, the player before them always chooses between 3, etc.

Having played 2p and 3p, it seems to scale very well, at least to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It scales fine...as has been mentioned you do see fewer cards, so purchase cards accordingly (armor may be a bit less valuable when playing solo or with 2). I usually mix both decks together when playing with 2 to give equal opportunity at both decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
It scales fine...as has been mentioned you do see fewer cards, so purchase cards accordingly (armor may be a bit less valuable when playing solo or with 2). I usually mix both decks together when playing with 2 to give equal opportunity at both decks.

Per the setup rules, when playing with 2 players you discard 7 cards each from the 1-dot and 2-dot market decks. When playing with 3 players, discard 3 cards from each deck. Players may look through the discard pile at any time, so you'll know which armor sets have cards in the discard pile and can choose your purchases accordingly.

The number of cards discarded during setup ensures you'll get almost through all of the remaining cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed that in the rules (or I have an earlier version)...I have the pnp game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Garry, it was a late addition to the rules to make sure you get to the bottom half of the deck about 1/2 through the game, even in a 2 or 3 player game. You may have an earlier version. The final is here on BGG and the TWG website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it solo and two player, I loved the crap out of it. The solo game is fun, getting the puzzle done. The two player was more fun, more poking in the eye by taking a die needed by the other or discarding an equipment card the other person needed. We have a very friendly but very intense competitive gameplay style. Cursing and laughing at the same time when someone discards a piece of your armor is just great fun. I curse much less at the solo die, but I do curse a little at it. Once when it took the skill I wanted I put it in my nose as punishment. Then I washed it off. In really hot water. Take that you little turd die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
Once when it took the skill I wanted I put it in my nose as punishment. Then I washed it off. In really hot water. Take that you little turd die.

Remind me not to make you angry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.