Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting in that Youtube need content creators. I wonder if a new alternative can rise up or we will be left with nothing but cute cats and minecraft kid videos.

I know, I know.. private companies can do what they want as long as they also bake me a fabulous cake... blah blah blah.

Quote:

Content creators who helped build the YouTube platform are being stabbed in the back.

Social media is now starting to push the politically correct mantra to official levels.

Twitter has already been moving quickly in this direction as was witnessed when it banned Milo Yiannopoulos for his anti Ghostbuster review.

Now a new “advertiser friendly” policy is being introduced by YouTube that will effectively punish users who express politically incorrect opinions or dare to offend viewers.

The punishment will be doled out in the form of de-monetizing content.

http://theduran.com/youtube-become-100-politically-correct-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
What's the problem, sounds like a market opportunity for FuckYoutube.

And Milo Yiannopoulos wasn't banned from Twitter for his anti Ghostbuster review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're going to have to delete a lot of content including the videos I just posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Somebody hates the invisible hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momiji Take-sumi
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Aw, no more All in the Family episodes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually is is 100% corporately correct. The policy is in place to make sure content is 'advertiser friendly', so blame your money gods, not dem libz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
They're going to have to delete a lot of content including the videos I just posted.

Hilariously, they're not deleting anything (per Jeremy's quote)

Quote:
Now a new “advertiser friendly” policy is being introduced by YouTube that will effectively punish users who express politically incorrect opinions or dare to offend viewers.

They're cutting what they pay you if you're not advertiser friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, from everything I have gathered, this is less about YouTube per se and more about the advertising networks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Hilariously, they're not deleting anything (per Jeremy's quote)

Quote:

They're cutting what they pay you if you're not advertiser friendly.
Or basically if the advertiser thinks their brand is being damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Yeah, from everything I have gathered, this is less about YouTube per se and more about the advertising networks.
PC, Profit compliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I wonder if a new alternative can rise up or we will be left with nothing but cute cats and minecraft kid videos.

Are you questioning capitalism's ability to serve the market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
This is interesting in that Youtube need content creators. I wonder if a new alternative can rise up or we will be left with nothing but cute cats and minecraft kid videos.

I know, I know.. private companies can do what they want as long as they also bake me a fabulous cake... blah blah blah.

Quote:

Content creators who helped build the YouTube platform are being stabbed in the back.

Social media is now starting to push the politically correct mantra to official levels.

Twitter has already been moving quickly in this direction as was witnessed when it banned Milo Yiannopoulos for his anti Ghostbuster review.

http://theduran.com/youtube-become-100-politically-correct-i...

It should come as no surprise to anyone that one of your infowars based posts isn't entirely factual.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/philip-de-franco-yo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, capitalist conservatives and libertarians sure are quick to turn on the free market when it's used against them.

Enjoy your ride on the whaaaaaaaambulance.

Start your own free video streaming site, fill it with anti-SJW propaganda. Call it "The War on Information" or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
It should come as no surprise to anyone that one of your infowars based posts isn't entirely factual.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/philip-de-franco-yo...

thanks for the LULZ, I thought you were going to link to a legit site.

The shit is getting real. , anti suicide videos now being de monitized, aces Youtube !

https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/771390313965481985?ref_...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23YouTubeIsOverParty&src=typd
#YouTubeIsOverParty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why won't anyone think of the racists?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momiji Take-sumi
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
bbenston wrote:

They're too busy thinking of the hypocrites. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

All jokes aside, this really isn't -actually- about racists. YouTube's specific policies regarding this pretty much make it possible for your video to be demonetized over anything. Any real "enforcement" of it is pretty bad for content creators in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
How about they also required 'advertisers' label with "truthful" slogans, such as "Coca-Cola"-'Original Formula' with High Fructose Corn Syrup being denoted as: "CACA-Cola"? yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (Away/AFK)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also hurting videos and vlogger who post on sensitive subjects - I've heard its impacting on users who talk about mental health issues. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
What I wonder is who the hell goes to Youtube and thinks that the advertisement has jack-all to do with the videos??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
How about they also required 'advertisers' label with "truthful" slogans, such as "Coca-Cola"-'Original Formula' with High Fructose Corn Syrup being denoted as: "CACA-Cola"? yuk

Holy shit that's funny! And I'm a Coke drinker!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
The monetary system is only interested in regimenting and homogenizing your thoughts and actions. You are not allowed to be interesting or different. Please investigate a resource based economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
monkeyhandz wrote:
It's also hurting videos and vlogger who post on sensitive subjects - I've heard its impacting on users who talk about mental health issues. wow
surprise ~"That's 'Crazy-Talk'/BIAS!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when they came for the mean people, I said nothing.. you know how the rest of it goes.

https://twitter.com/ChannonRose/status/771762666859737088

Quote:
I've gotten videos demonetized for talking about my husband having cancer & raising cancer awareness.

If only there was a way to keep their family friendly material in an area of youtube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
when they came for the mean people, I said nothing.. you know how the rest of it goes.

https://twitter.com/ChannonRose/status/771762666859737088

Quote:
I've gotten videos demonetized for talking about my husband having cancer & raising cancer awareness.
And what did they say?

Without knowing what she did we cannot say of it was right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.