Subject: Expansion factions unique abilities and weaknesses? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Each Gods War faction has a unique ability and a unique weakness. The four core game factions' abilities can be found in the print-and-play rules. Sandy revealed the abilities of Invisible God in Update 15.

Has Sandy revealed the abilities and weaknesses of the remaining three expansion factions (Moon, Sea and Earth)? I skimmed through the list of updates but could not find them.

(My motivation is that I am working on homebrewed rules for crossover between Gods War and Cthulhu Wars and brainstorming unique weaknesses for the CW factions. See this thread.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invisible Gods Strength is that all of their Towers and Castles are adjacent for movement; their Weakness is that their Towers and Castles count as Temples for enemy Gifts & Abilities.

Moon's Strength and Weakness are the Action available to everyone where you can spend 1 power to advance the Lunar Cycle.

Sea's Strength is called Sunken or something, and lets them once per game make a Land Area a Sea Area instead, gain a Rune, and gain a free Unit there; their Weakness is that they can't use Travel Arrows.

Earth's Strength is that when they bring an Earth Queen into play, it is married off to an opposing player, and they receive Power during the Gather Phase; their Weakness is that those Queens now belong to and are controlled by that opposing player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Fleider
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When the next gameplay video is released, you can see me playing Chaos and messing with Arthur's Lunar Cycle two turns in a row. Just a single point of Power spent at the right time can really throw off Moon's rhythm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueSwompy wrote:
When the next gameplay video is released, you can see me playing Chaos and messing with Arthur's Lunar Cycle two turns in a row. Just a single point of Power spent at the right time can really throw off Moon's rhythm.

Indeed, and it ruined me! soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
Stop teasing it and release it allready, the KS end in only 5 days ! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.