Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player attack a den without having a recon token on it?

I believe the answer is yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Zammit

Mosta
msg tools
Re: Can a player attack a den without having a recon token on it?
Yes, they can. Doing so will reveal the boss, but in order to score points for doing so they must have a Vengeance card of the matching boss or gang in play. If they have a matching boss card, they can score for both killing the boss (VPs are on the Vengeance card, can score multiples of these at once) AND clearing the den of minions (each den has a VP value). If they don't have a matching boss card, they may only score for killing all the minions in the den and must discard a card matching the gang in the den. That said, they can still kill the boss in the latter case anyway to remove them and their den from play, so this might be a strategic decision on their part.

However, the one exception is Big Bosses - if you enter a den containing one without having a matching Vengeance card, you're booted out and have to sit out that Fight turn. Big Boss cards are shuffled into lower half of the Boss deck, so you can generally have an idea when they're going to start coming into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Can a player attack a den without having a recon token on it?
Exactly what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks!

And as I found out, attacking a den blindly is risky business when you've tried to go all in on just 1 or 2 gangs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.