Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So based on the reviews I've seen this game is right up my alley and I'll be grabbing this one as soon as its released at my LFGS.

But I am also concerned with the player mats (as many others seem to be) and would like to upgrade these. I've come here hoping to get some ideas floating around.

I've seen the 3D print files for a recessed player board and I'll be taking a better look at that in the near future. But I've also considered replacing the current cubes with resource specific tokens/coins/chits of some kind.

My question is - How best to do this? I imagine at the later stages of a 4 player game where production is high, the number of resources "in the field" at any one time could be quite high. The reason the current system works is because you have a 1, 5, & 10 denomination for each resource. By replacing them with only a single denomination (1 token = 1 resource), will there be enough room on the player board for this to happen? Moreover, how many of each resource would I be looking at purchasing (and storing in the box for that matter)?

Any other thoughts on how to manage this or are we stuck working with the system as is? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll definitely want denominations of cubes, because with only singles it's gonna get crowded fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that, not only are there six basic resources, there are three other context-sensitive resources that go on cards. And in some games your per turn production might look like 60 money, 14 heat, 7 plants, 4 energy, ... it will get extremely fiddly.

If you're really concerned about stored resources getting bumped around, a better solution might just be to improve on the 3d-printed player mat add-on with recessed (or "fenced") areas for each resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff0 wrote:
Keep in mind that, not only are there six basic resources, there are three other context-sensitive resources that go on cards. And in some games your per turn production might look like 60 money, 14 heat, 7 plants, 4 energy, ... it will get extremely fiddly.

If you're really concerned about stored resources getting bumped around, a better solution might just be to improve on the 3d-printed player mat add-on with recessed (or "fenced") areas for each resource.

I'm quickly coming to this conclusion. Even purchasing 12mm sets of d6's to replace resources is going to cost more than the base price of the game. Looking like I'll have to come up with a preferred option for the player board itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone have the dimensions of the player mat as-is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
22 cm x 16 cm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a thought. What about taking a picture of the player mat and having it printed on mouse pad material? That will help prevent the production cubes from sliding around, and help keep your resource cubes in place if you bump your mat. I have no idea of the feasibility or cost, just throwing out an idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.