Jason Loftiss
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really appreciate all of the HISTORY that is woven into this game. The reference book is an awesome resource of historical information. The intricacies of the system radiate with realistic panache rippling with much historic flavour. I have 40+ years war-gaming experience; this is truly an elegant and delightful simulation. The tutorials are an effective educational tool to guiding players through the exquisite mechanics and tactics of the game. This is definitely a higher-order thinking man's game that is subtle, but at the same time can be very chaotic with a narrow margin of victory or a catastrophic loss. Minor details have major implications! When a game creates an overwhelming desire to devour all available knowledge on the game's specific history, the game is worthy of high praise! This is such a game! Well done, Mark and your team! As a former high school history teacher, I greatly appreciation all the hours y'all invested in creating this rare piece of gaming art. This would be a great tool for sparking students' interest and discussion on the D-Day invasion of 1944 and the sacrifice and contribution of the British during this important period of World War II.

Thanks,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xesqui BCN
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loftiss82 wrote:
I really appreciate all of the HISTORY that is woven into this game. The reference book is an awesome resource of historical information. The intricacies of the system radiate with realistic panache rippling with much historic flavour. I have 40+ years war-gaming experience; this is truly an elegant and delightful simulation. The tutorials are an effective educational tool to guiding players through the exquisite mechanics and tactics of the game. This is definitely a higher-order thinking man's game that is subtle, but at the same time can be very chaotic with a narrow margin of victory or a catastrophic loss. Minor details have major implications! When a game creates an overwhelming desire to devour all available knowledge on the game's specific history, the game is worthy of high praise! This is such a game! Well done, Mark and your team! As a former high school history teacher, I greatly appreciation all the hours y'all invested in creating this rare piece of gaming art. This would be a great tool for sparking students' interest and discussion on the D-Day invasion of 1944 and the sacrifice and contribution of the British during this important period of World War II.

Thanks,
Jason

thanks!

more than 3 years testing/researching the game
thanks for your post
Francesc Pelejà aka Xesqui (research team)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the research and work shows. This is a lovely game and a pleasure to play.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree. I love reading all that fantastic background material.

The problem I have now is a keep reading about battles that I think would be great in the red winter system. Most recently the Battle of Galatas during the German invasion of Crete.http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/war/the-battle-for-crete/the-bat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.