• [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
How can you play this alone?

im not sure you can. unless you just made the best choices for the bad guys but im sure it loses something/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Kickstarter, the game is for 1-5. Seems odd to me, but it sounds as though the must have some sort of AI option.

There is apparently a gameplay video planned, possibly for Monday, and it will supposedly address this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks indeed now as if you would have to play both bad and good guys at the same time. And the box mentions indeed 1-5. It can be done (I've alreayd played Descent in this way) but then there can be no hidden info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say you need to play both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some mechanism is going to have to run the opposing team, for sure. Unless the solo game is a completely different game that just uses the components in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be a system that runs the dark legion player for you. We'll be talking more about it through the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris. Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it'll be like Zombicide where the game controls the movement of the baddies while the player controls a number of corporations. The baddies have a set number of actions and most likely a set moving pattern where they will move from cover to cover until they can attack, or run depending on the objectives of the mission. It won't be the same as a human controlling the DL, but should still be fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still on the fence with backing this - solo play is a must for me, but i cannot seem to find any info. $149 just waiting to pounce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
I'm still on the fence with backing this - solo play is a must for me, but i cannot seem to find any info. $149 just waiting to pounce
There is no info other than a commitment to making the base game playable solo. So if you're sitting on the fence waiting for this before the project closes I'd bung a dollar in a pledge and wait until more details and the Pledge Manager. Worst case scenario: you lose a buck. Best case scenario: you bag $500+ MSRP value of an excellent solo game for $150. Gotta be worth a punt, right? (and it'll probably be worth $200+ on the secondary market if it doesn't work out for you)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise words, thanks! Is it a known thing that the Dark Legion pledge level will be 'freely' available once the kickstarter ends? I guess worst case will be a $69 pledge. :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
Wise words, thanks! Is it a known thing that the Dark Legion pledge level will be 'freely' available once the kickstarter ends? I guess worst case will be a $69 pledge. :S
Yes, it is a known thing. The Modiphius Community Support dude (OK to be fair, somebody signing themselves as such ) has said so several times in this forum.

Re: Can I change my pledge after the Kickstarter ends? (A Kickstarter newbie question)
Re: No Pledge Manager? Must figure out add-ons now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - once again! I did actually read that annoyingly but it obviously didn't sink in. Right, off to pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
It will be a system that runs the dark legion player for you. We'll be talking more about it through the campaign.
You've left it a bit late for this Chris... Unless I missed it there has been nothing, zip, nada, tumbleweed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siân
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is briefly described in update #45, 4th October. There will be a special deck of cards, the dark symmetry deck, used for solo and co-op play.
Myself, I backed the thunderbirds quickstarter, and was very pleased on how modiphius handled that, so am confident they will follow through and produce a good solo / co-op option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.