• [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
How can you play this alone?

im not sure you can. unless you just made the best choices for the bad guys but im sure it loses something/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Kickstarter, the game is for 1-5. Seems odd to me, but it sounds as though the must have some sort of AI option.

There is apparently a gameplay video planned, possibly for Monday, and it will supposedly address this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks indeed now as if you would have to play both bad and good guys at the same time. And the box mentions indeed 1-5. It can be done (I've alreayd played Descent in this way) but then there can be no hidden info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say you need to play both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some mechanism is going to have to run the opposing team, for sure. Unless the solo game is a completely different game that just uses the components in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be a system that runs the dark legion player for you. We'll be talking more about it through the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris. Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Dads Podcast
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it'll be like Zombicide where the game controls the movement of the baddies while the player controls a number of corporations. The baddies have a set number of actions and most likely a set moving pattern where they will move from cover to cover until they can attack, or run depending on the objectives of the mission. It won't be the same as a human controlling the DL, but should still be fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still on the fence with backing this - solo play is a must for me, but i cannot seem to find any info. $149 just waiting to pounce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
I'm still on the fence with backing this - solo play is a must for me, but i cannot seem to find any info. $149 just waiting to pounce
There is no info other than a commitment to making the base game playable solo. So if you're sitting on the fence waiting for this before the project closes I'd bung a dollar in a pledge and wait until more details and the Pledge Manager. Worst case scenario: you lose a buck. Best case scenario: you bag $500+ MSRP value of an excellent solo game for $150. Gotta be worth a punt, right? (and it'll probably be worth $200+ on the secondary market if it doesn't work out for you)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise words, thanks! Is it a known thing that the Dark Legion pledge level will be 'freely' available once the kickstarter ends? I guess worst case will be a $69 pledge. :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
Wise words, thanks! Is it a known thing that the Dark Legion pledge level will be 'freely' available once the kickstarter ends? I guess worst case will be a $69 pledge. :S
Yes, it is a known thing. The Modiphius Community Support dude (OK to be fair, somebody signing themselves as such ) has said so several times in this forum.

Re: Can I change my pledge after the Kickstarter ends? (A Kickstarter newbie question)
Re: No Pledge Manager? Must figure out add-ons now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - once again! I did actually read that annoyingly but it obviously didn't sink in. Right, off to pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
It will be a system that runs the dark legion player for you. We'll be talking more about it through the campaign.
You've left it a bit late for this Chris... Unless I missed it there has been nothing, zip, nada, tumbleweed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siân
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is briefly described in update #45, 4th October. There will be a special deck of cards, the dark symmetry deck, used for solo and co-op play.
Myself, I backed the thunderbirds quickstarter, and was very pleased on how modiphius handled that, so am confident they will follow through and produce a good solo / co-op option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.