Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Having received a few games from my wishlist for my birthday, I was excited - I finally felt like my wishlist was shrinking to a reasonable size. I just looked at it, though, and it is still quite long. Lots of options for secret santa! But I also feel a bit greedy. So I'm curious: How do I stand compared to the rest of you?

Poll
How long is your wishlist (excluding expansions)?
1-10
11-25
26-50
51-100
100-250
251-500
501+
      163 answers
Poll created by CasualSax

My own list is 85 items long, of which:

6 (7%) are Must haves (I will own these at some point)

10 (12%) are Love to haves (Lets be honest here, I will own these at some point)

43 (50%) are Like to Haves (Happy to receive as gifts)

26 (31%) are Thinking About it (On my radar, but not researched enough to move up the list at this point)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear person who voted before me: That's impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Why, MEIN hath "more zeroes" than have ever been in 'attendance' at every PAX-event combined! "gosh!" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a relative wishlist, not an absolute one.

At any given time, there are 2-5 games I really want to get hold of as a priority, and maybe 3-8 that "am very interested and will get them if convenient / on moderate sale". That's pretty much it. Games can move between the two lists and be promoted or demoted onto/off them. As I acquire games, it frees slots for other games to move up.

I also maintain some leeway for *ridiculous bargains*.
Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu at RRP == really couldn't give a toss.
Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu temporarily at 40% of RRP == very probably snap buy.

There's no point in me maintaining an absolute list -- it would run to over 200 games and I'm probably never going to own 2/3rds of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing the 0 option...

...this poll, apparently, is not meant for people who are content...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can honestly say there is not a single game I want or am looking for right now.

And when I do spot one, I just buy it and don't make a list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
437 games and counting. Always adding new games to the wish list. I never know what will catch my fancy and then must go on the wish list. Always finding more games on obscure military subjects so I expect my wish list will always outgrow my collection. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently 7

1 Must buy
1 - like to have
4 - thinking about, very low on list
1 - don't buy.

So 2 games I'm really looking at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wrote my list for Essen the other day, and currently it has 15 items on it. Excluding expansions, there are apparently ten games currently on my wishlist, although some have the qualifier "if I can get it for a good price".
Actually I hope the list will grow longer in the coming weeks, otherwise that's a pretty poor showing for Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be interested to see this in the context of how many games the person already owns as well.

Are wishlists longer for people with more games since these people tend to be collectors and consistently have a lot of games they're looking at, or are they longer for people with fewer games just filling out their collections (or with not enough space for all those games)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:
I'd be interested to see this in the context of how many games the person already owns as well.

Are wishlists longer for people with more games since these people tend to be collectors and consistently have a lot of games they're looking at, or are they longer for people with fewer games just filling out their collections (or with not enough space for all those games)?

I currently own 235 games with 2 more on the way and 4 BIN'd on BGG auctions, plus I am winning several bids on Ebay and I have a $150 gift card to Cool Stuff Inc. that I will spend soon, in addition I am currently winning 18 bids on BGG auctions so the potential over the next two weeks is to add upwards of 30 games to my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:

I can speak as someone with few games (8 games + 11 expansions). My wishlist is quite long in comparison with my collection, but definitely shorter than most of other users', although the one on BGG has not been really updated. I have 7 expansions on my wishlist + 5 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I own 42 games (that I'll admit to on BGG), have a true wish list of about 25 games I'd really like to own, and a list of another ~25 that intrigue me. I don't keep track of my wishes and intrigues here, though.

If I had $$ to spare, I could easily see myself becoming one of "those" people with 500+ games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualSax wrote:
How long is your wishlist?

by count of items ? Or by calendar duration of the wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wishlist is usually about a month long at most. Sometimes less than an hour.

...to be completely honest,sometimes it is just a couple minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
22 and none of them is anything more than a "like to have" for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same length as the hotlist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Math wrote:
...this poll site, apparently, is not meant for people who are content...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot !
From time to time I discover a game, am tempted to buy it, add it to my "future purchases" spreadsheet, and add the sleeves needed.

I can't sort the games on ths list between "to buy", "maybe", "one day" ... but it's 4 years of monthly "reasonable spending" plus a long list of games I probably wouldn't buy full price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to keep it short, so I don`t go filling up my game closet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Walsh
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
Mine is sitting at 125...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 games on my wish list. Three of them are "like to have" and four are "thinking about".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently at 63. I like to keep items on it even if I'm not especially looking myself because... Secret Santa :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm surprised, but happy, to see that most of us have a small list of Games we want.

Mine is just 3 right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
42 games in Wishlist, only 1 must have: Star Trek: Ascendancy.

I tend to add many games into my Wishlist during moments of weakness (usually after watching Rahdo's or Rodney's videos, ). Then, after a good night sleep, I weed some games out of the Wishlist or at least demote some into "Like to Have" or "Thinking about it". Some even got deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.