$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
As per my other thread, am making custom sidekicks - will use 15 a game, a way to get minor characters introduced, or card sets I don't have yet into play - can I have advice on Jack of Hearts specifically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
looking for advice please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Couple Questions and comments that might help:

1. What is the overall goal? Is this a separate deck? (e.i. New Recruits, Sidekicks, Madame Hydra, etc.) Or do you want these to slide into the sidekick deck? Or to even replace the current Sidekick deck?

1.2. I ask just so I have a field of consistency to judge the cards by. You'll see an example with Brother Voodoo mentioned below. It would also question whether or not the Heroes need/should return to the "Sidekick Stack" or whatever.

2. Personally, I'd give each Hero a Class. Like the Pet Avengers.

3. I think Tigra's ability works. You could reword it similar to Man-Thing and Kraven where they give the Villain -2attack. But that's no big deal.

4. I'm a little torn on Brother Voodoo. Glad you added him! I like his ability! But...Idk, part of me feels like it's a little too much when it's the same as Zabu, but better. Maybe have it KO cards only from your discard pile? (or hand. But just one of those places.)

5. Based on ability, I say that's fair. Heck, it's even a great idea to start a Hero set on! As to whether it fits as a Sidekick...I say go for it! You could even tweak it down a little if you wanted. Such as gaining a set amount of Shards before sending it back to the Sidekick stack.

6. Only a nitpick, but do they need to say "Special Sidekick" like the Pet Avengers?

7. Lastly, as a LegEdit user to another, I recommend bumping up the fonts. I set the Hero name and Card name up +10 and start the ability text at 35. (Shrinking as needed per card for longer names and abilities.) You can even set it up in Templates -> Edit Hero Template so that it starts them at a better font size!

Hope that helps a bit!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Changing the name to Ally cards. Using them in lieu of Sidekicks. They will have their own stack, probably add in a few Maria Hills. 2 Recruit cards with limited abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
cad37 wrote:
Changing the name to Ally cards. Using them in lieu of Sidekicks. They will have their own stack, probably add in a few Maria Hills. 2 Recruit cards with limited abilities.

I'd probably avoid "Ally" since that's a term with the Villains. Maybe Cameo Heroes? Or Hero Reserve? Or Hero Support/Support Hero/Support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, if you are making them your own stack, you could bump the cost up to 3. It would allow for better abilites. And if you decide to mix the sidekick stack back into the game, it gives you another thing to recruit from. Kinda like the "Defenders for a Day" custom expansion. (He used 4 cost heroes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feedback for Jack of Hearts:

In the Scheme "Epic super hero civil war" you have to KO Heroes of the HQ cumulative for each twist. This can lead to discard up to 9 heroes at once which would give the owner of Jack 9 shards.
This seems overpowered (not only in that special case).
Could be solved that way:

In case you play with the Guardians otG set and you gain shards by other effects, you simply place "those" shards on the Artifact Jack card to distinct them from standard shards.

Do you like it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
I love it. I ended up never printing these, wanted to fix them first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.