Hide
7 Posts

Mythos Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Faceless Expedition - When to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A N
msg tools
The Faceless Expedition (the bonus investigation for kickstarter backers) is listed as the "prologue investigation", but I wanted to be sure: is this supposed to be played first?

I ask because the investigation is dated April 4th, 1931, and mentions that the players may need to know information from the newspapers preceding this one to progress. That means the investigators have five or so newspapers to work with for what might be their first investigation, before rolling back to A Grain of Evil, back in the past (which seems a little strange to me).

The booklet talks about its 'surprises', so maybe I shouldn't worry so much about it and just go for it with an open mind. I only wanted to make sure I was interpreting the creator's intentions right: that this is supposed to be played first (as opposed to a prologue in the sense that it reveals story information which brings perspective to the final investigations, or perhaps the overarching plot as a whole).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an epilogue to me based on your description. Hopefully we get insight soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Mac
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love an official answer on this one, but as for now I think I'm personally going to play it in the proper date sequence so as to not spoil anything in the newspapers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The bonus case can be played at any time. It is very different than the cases in the book, and it intentionally will have you scratching your head. If you are new to this system of game, you may not want to play it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we probably should treat it like an epilogue then, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A N
msg tools
It certainly seems different!

Thanks for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Crutchington
United Kingdom
St Neots
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we played this first.

I would say it references enough that 'may' have happened previously that it should be treated as an epilogue really.

Plus - check the other thread regarding missing locations, as they are very pertinent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.