Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thor's Primacy / Dragons + Serpent / Frigga's Succor questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Irvine
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
For the following three questions, I've already tried looking around the Rules boards to see if an answer exists but haven't come up with anything definitive. Feel free to link me, though!

If you know of a clear ruling, please mention that, since those are preferred, of course, and for the following I could see a good argument to make either way.

1. Dragons upgrade, invading with Sea Serpent

If you have Sea Serpent in your reserve and upgrade your ship using a ship upgrade (presumably a Dragons card), can you then invade with the sea serpent for free (per the invade-for-free on upgrade) or can you only invade with your "actual" ship? (The Sea Serpent's card says it's a ship, so it's unclear.)

2. Thor's Primacy cancelling STR

Obviously, Thor's Primacy cancels "text" on other cards, and I've seen someone post (apparently just an opinion) that TP doesn't affect the +X str in a circle on every battle card. Does it or doesn't it? Does each player still get the STR from the card even if the text below the circle is cancelled?

3. Frigga's Succor: For example, I have 5 horns currently (i.e., my mat limits me to 5 total figures on the board) and Frigga's Succor in play. I already have 4 figures on the board at the beginning of my turn, and I invade a province with another figure, bringing my total to 5. Can I still invade with FS?

The rules say no, but then I've heard that "the card trumps the ordinary" rules, so it would seem that yes, I can add another warrior.

(Even if I can do this, on my next turn, I don't see how I could do this all again because my regular invasion would be part of "the ordinary rules" so I don't get a chance to trigger FS.)

Now that I think of this, it would seem this same question would come up with Frigga's Domain, another case where the card can "trump the ordinary rules" because it doesn't explicitly ask you to obey the horns limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
1. When you upgrade any unit, you may use any figure of that unit type and invade for free. The sea serpent counts as a ship. This means when you upgrade a ship you can invite with a ship and the sea serpent is a ship. So yes.

2. The +x in the circle on each card is not considered text. Additionally, the STR bonus does not have any "effect" to cancel. So even if it was cancelled it wouldn't make a difference. The strength is still added in battle.

3. Frigga's Succor has the word may in it, so you may invade with another unit. Since you are maxed out on horns, you cannot do add more units, therefore you may not. Edit: if the card said can or must, then I would say the other way and it allows you to break the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irvinicus wrote:
1. Dragons upgrade, invading with Sea Serpent
2. Thor's Primacy cancelling STR +X
3. Frigga's Succor and number of horns

1. Sea Serpents are completely interchangable for ships, so yes.
2. Not 100% sure - but we still have +X count as the highest card.
3. In this case, the number of horns still prevails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.