Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After years of searching, offering trades, and keeping my eye on the GeekMarket, I finally managed to track down a copy of Pueblo for a reasonable price. I love K and K's games, especially Torres, so I'm super excited to try it out!

Now I only need to find Winner's Circle, Excape, Through the Desert, and Ave Caesar... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you! I picked up Ave Caesar a couple years back myself. I paid a pretty penny for it too. It's great fun though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great feeling when you finally find a game that has spent an extended amount of time on your "must have" list for a reasonable price.

I had a lot of games from my formative years (the late 70's early 80's) become prohibitively expensive while I was out of gaming during the 90's but I have been lucky enough to find most of them at present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
congratulations on your find. Always love to hear success stories with regards to holy grail games. I wish I could actually afford one of my holy grail games (I have so many! LOL) but there is always hope meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My two have been Troyes and 1960: The Making of the President and both are getting reprinted within the next 6 months! I guess patience patience pays off sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
Now I only need to find Winner's Circle, Excape, Through the Desert, and Ave Caesar... whistle
I have TtD, not played it since 2009, probably in storage.
I have AC, not played it since 2012, probably in storage.
I played WC last year, loved it.

GM me if you think it is an option worth exploring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
After years of searching, offering trades, and keeping my eye on the GeekMarket, I finally managed to track down a copy of Pueblo for a reasonable price. I love K and K's games, especially Torres, so I'm super excited to try it out!

All of those are excellent! Only the Ravensburger ed or Q Jet ed for Ave Caesar though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knight
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the prices of current games keep climbing, the cost of acquiring OOP games seems less and less significant. It seems like just five minutes ago $100 was an exorbitant amount to spend on a game.

And FWIW Winner's Circle is being reprinted. Supposedly it will be at Essen and have a Q1 2017 release in the US (IIRC).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job on finding one of your grails.

The one I've been hunting is Prêt-à-Porter, not quite the super expensive impossible game to find as some... but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
I was able to find Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs, Survive: Escape from Atlantis! (90s edition) and Space Crusade. Guess I waited too long on Big City with the prices shooting up, but maybe there'll be a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee Whiz wrote:
And FWIW Winner's Circle is being reprinted. Supposedly it will be at Essen and have a Q1 2017 release in the US (IIRC).

That's what I've heard. I've been watching the forums about the reprint. I have an Amazon gift card locked and loaded for when it comes out. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:

Congrats on picking up one of your grail games. I am still on the look out for a complete Crossbows and Catapults for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:
Congrats!
I was able to find Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs, Survive: Escape from Atlantis! (90s edition) and Space Crusade. Guess I waited too long on Big City with the prices shooting up, but maybe there'll be a reprint.
I got Big City too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
As these are language independent: Do you need English editions or would German versions be ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee Whiz wrote:

I'm 70% sure that I heard somewhere (Board Game Breakfast..??) that Ave Caesar has a reprint in the pipeline as well. I may be wrong, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.