Subject: Divorce between FFG and GW rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Announced yesterday or today...

Perhaps a"new hope" for Battlelore 2nd edition ?

What do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I'd like to think. I still don't see how they can deny us Elves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel rather like the situation with Diskwars is happening here. A whole wealth of stuff, then silence.

Except this time there's no other games competing with Battlelore. Give me the elves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
pilum2008 wrote:
Announced yesterday or today...

Perhaps a"new hope" for Battlelore 2nd edition ?

What do you think ?

Do you mean 3rd Edition? The current version is already 2nd Edition.

I'm not really sure why the split between GW and FFG would have any impact on BattleLore at all in any case, though. GW had nothing to do with it, as far as I know. It originally came from Days of Wonder, but my understanding is that FFG owns the property outright.

If BattleLore were themed with Warhammer, then I could see a reason to make a new edition, but as it is, it just doesn't seem likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
I feel rather like the situation with Diskwars is happening here. A whole wealth of stuff, then silence.

Except this time there's no other games competing with Battlelore. Give me the elves.

On the contrary, the general impression is that RuneWars is in direct competition with BattleLore.

However, BattleLore has always had a relatively slow release schedule. I haven't given up hope on the elves, though.

But you're right about Diskwars. I never got into it, but I'd drop in to browse the forums every now and then and those players were so unfortunate to have such a strong start and then no support. I could imagine the same thing happening with BattleLore ... but I don't want to!cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they could always redo Diskwars with a Terrinoth theme, which is actually what it originally was in the first place (although back then, it was "Menarra", which with Runewars was kind of merged into Terrinoth lore-wise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Well, they could always redo Diskwars with a Terrinoth theme, which is actually what it originally was in the first place (although back then, it was "Menarra", which with Runewars was kind of merged into Terrinoth lore-wise).

Honestly, if they had done that in the first place instead of using Warhammer, I would have picked it up. I was seriously considering getting the base set on several occasions, but said to myself, "Nah. If this was Terrinoth like the original Diskwars, I'd go for it, but I'm not keen on the GW theme."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:

On the contrary, the general impression is that RuneWars is in direct competition with BattleLore.

However, BattleLore has always had a relatively slow release schedule. I haven't given up hope on the elves, though.

But you're right about Diskwars. I never got into it, but I'd drop in to browse the forums every now and then and those players were so unfortunate to have such a strong start and then no support. I could imagine the same thing happening with BattleLore ... but I don't want to!cry

Umm... Really expensive lifestyle game or streamlined, relatively cheap game with lesser miniatures. Yeah, I see a lot of overlap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Budgernaut wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:

Umm... Really expensive lifestyle game or streamlined, relatively cheap game with lesser miniatures. Yeah, I see a lot of overlap.

laugh Well, I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on that. I just wish the rest of the RuneWars community could see it that way and stop bashing BattleLore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about what this post is about. What new info came out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
I'm confused about what this post is about. What new info came out?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...

I really don't see what it has to do with BattleLore, though. It has slight relevance to RuneWars, maybe, since Games Workshop is known for miniatures games, and as far as I can tell, FFG wasn't allowed to produce miniatures games as long as they had the license agreement with GW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm reluctant/hesitant to buy Diskwars because MAYBE FFG will puck it up again with an improved Terrinoth version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.