Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: Maybe this thread belongs to the "Variants" section, I'm not sure.

I've been a fan of P:E since the early Kickstarter and have played the game quite often. However, I've only played "Extermination" mode every time.
From what I've read in the rules, I just can't imagine the other modes are as good as Extermination (get there, kill it, run back).
Hence my question: which mode do you like best? Am I missing something by just reading the rules?
A short comment on your choice would be much appreciated.

Poll
Which game mode do you like most?
Demolition
Extermination
Recovery
Recon
      16 answers
Poll created by Clawf1ng3r
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Recovery best. I haven't tried Capture or Recon yet, but I think Recovery is a little more strategic than Extermination and Demolition. You often can't compete the objectives on a single turn because the Recovery tokens can only be moved a max of four spaces per round. It's rewarding to coordinate between players to relay the tokens or make sure the path is clear. It isn't necessary to spend all of your dice in a single turn like you often need to do for Extermination and Demolition, so players can work towards the objective wipe out some aliens too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit is it almost impossible to choose!

I personally thought I would dislike Recon and Recovery due to the dragging along of something that eats up dice over time, but I really like them a lot by now. They increase the difficulty a bit and makes for interesting choices on how to spend your dice - especially if you are wielding a weapon that requires Use symbols.

Extermination is fun because you can be fast about it.

Demolition can be completed relatively fast and easy, but you lose a die with it - just like with Capture, from the expansion. Since I primarily play solo, losing dice is murderous.

I would definitely recommend trying all the modes at least once, even if only solo and on the Easy difficulty. They all have a slightly different feel to them, and I think you are missing out if you do not give the rest a try. I would say Recovery and Recon are now my favourites. Between those two, I cannot choose. Sometimes it is awesome to get the thing in there while ploughing through a pack of aliens, while other times it is even more awesome to rush in and then move something back through the lines of aliens

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pew Peng
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We began first game with Recon and had lots of fun. We will shuffle all easy modes and choose one to have the most variance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant't choose either.
Recovery and Recon are equal mechanically-wise, but the difference is that recovery allows the players to move back towards their base with the objective, while the recon objective requires to move against the alien "flow".

This might not be a big deal in a two player game, where one player guards the base while the other moves out to finish the objective. It is much harder in a solo player game, where both tasks have to be accomplished by a single hero.

I still have to try the demolition objective.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.