Poker Assault» Forums » News

Subject: Rocket Patrol 9 of Spades. Version 1 Printing Error and Fix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The first production run of Poker Assault (the copies headed to stores now) come with a loose Rocket Patrol 9 of Clubs in the box. This card corrects the other 9 of Clubs (that is found in the shrink-wrapped deck) and is meant to replace it. The correct Rocket Patrol 9 of Clubs card reads: “Assault: When you play this card, before you refill your hand, you may search your deck and discard pile for a 9 of Spades and add it to the Assault. If you do, shuffle your deck.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Dahlquist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting! When I opened my box, I thought the extra card had ended up in there by mistake. I opened the deck to make sure it had one, but didn't spend time comparing the two to notice a difference. Glad I saw this before I tossed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was missing the "if you do, shuffle your deck" wording, for what it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Pack
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found my replacement card loose as well, but upon close inspection, the text reads as "you may search your deck and discard pile for a 9 of Clubs and add it to the Assault." not "you may search your deck and discard pile for a 9 of Spades and add it to the Assault." Anyone else have a problem with their replacement card?

See picture attached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaperGamer wrote:
I found my replacement card loose as well, but upon close inspection, the text reads as "you may search your deck and discard pile for a 9 of Clubs and add it to the Assault." not "you may search your deck and discard pile for a 9 of Spades and add it to the Assault." Anyone else have a problem with their replacement card?

Are you positive the one that says "Clubs" was the loose replacement card? Those look like the two cards I got, but in my case, the one in the shrinkwrapped deck looked like the one on the right (wrong suit named, but does have the 'shuffle your deck' clause) while the loose one looked like the left one (correct suit named, but missing the shuffle instruction).

(The ones saying "Clubs" are wrong because the card itself is a 9 of Clubs, so you aren't going to find another 9 of Clubs in your deck.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Pack
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that is the case, then the replacement card is missing the " reshuffle your deck afterwards." I was just wondering if there was a further error with the replacement card missing that important addition of reshuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It looks like the extra text got auto-dropped in the cardbuilder program due to lack of space. It should be played like the others.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Pack
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, Matt. It is what I assumed, but always great to get official confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.