Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a game either specifically about, or even mentioning Robert Smalls?

Quote:
Robert Smalls (April 5, 1839 – February 23, 1915) was an enslaved African American who, during and after the American Civil War, gained freedom and became a ship's pilot, sea captain, and politician. He freed himself, his crew and their families from slavery on May 13, 1862, by commandeering a Confederate transport ship, CSS Planter, in Charleston harbor, and sailing it from Confederate-controlled waters to the U.S. blockade. His example and persuasion helped convince President Lincoln to accept African-American soldiers into the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Smalls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the best chance was Rebel Raiders on the High Seas, but after checking the cards for a mention of Robert Smalls, I did not find him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Ludi
Australia
Fremantle
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Roll low!
badge
You are a paradox to me, a contradiction You're a predicament for me, and a prediction
mbmbmbmbmb
Woops, wrong smalls!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Smalls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Rep/'props' Derek Smalls?
HE prefers his 'Prizes' similar to his Women, with "BIG Bottoms of BOOTY" for either! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we talking about a custom scenario for The Ironclads or possibly a small game devoted to the topic?

A quickie scenario could be crafted using an existing ACW naval game at the tactical level.

A solitaire game about these events would be interesting and that might be something I could put together...

Is this an educational project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is this an educational project?

Nothing like that. A colleague with an interest in the man, who knew I gamed, asked if such a thing existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
HE prefers his 'Prizes' similar to his Women, with "BIG Bottoms of BOOTY" for either! arrrh

My goodness GROGnads, you always make me laugh out loud. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked thru all the cards in both For the People and Lincoln's War. Alas, no Smalls. He was certainly a bad-ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.