Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've read the rules on the cut throat variant from the DoA web site, but I don't think I quite understand.

Basically, two people have a forced alliance, and the third player is the 'loner.' People can leave the alliance if they want to become the loner.

What makes the alliance unstable? I haven't actually played, but I don't spot anything obvious. It seems there should be something that makes people *want* to leave the alliance, but it didn't jump out at me.

What do folks think about this variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, this might be obvious, but the reason I'd want to get out of the alliance and become the loner, is that I could then attack my former ally

So long as the loner is winning, it is nice to be teamed up against her/him; but if my ally is winning and I am in a better position to stop the leader than the loner, I pretty much must become the loner to stop the leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get an extra character with 2 equipment cards, if you become the Loner. This is a big incentive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.