Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Chaos in the City rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop are no longer working together. Anything FFG does with GW will no longer be printed. My absolute favorite tabletop game is Chaos in the Old World, and I'm kind of grieving now that it won't be in the wild anymore. It has motivated me to create my own version of it in a different theme, but that will take a long time.
What doesn't take a long time is for me to come up with something totally off the wall for this easily customizable, awesome game. Chaos in the Old World was all about players taking the role of dark gods, corrupting the world to ruination according to their talents while preventing the others from doing the same. How can I best represent that in Legendary? By giving everyone their own private Mastermind that works for them! In a way, it's kind of like an identity this game lacks.

War for the Wasteland
(Not playable solo)
Setup: There is 1 Mastermind per player, assigned to each player. The Villain Deck contains each Mastermind's "Always Leads" group and the normal number of Henchmen groups. 8 Twists
* Potential extra setup option: Each player chooses a hero for the Hero deck?
Special rules: Players may not attack their own Masterminds. If you defeat a villain from your own Mastermind's "Always Leads" group, KO that villain instead of adding it to your victory pile. Escaping villains and any bystanders they carried off are added to the victory pile belonging to their Mastermind's player after normal escape effects. If a player's Mastermind is defeated, that player loses and is removed from the game. When a Master Strike occurs, each player is unaffected by their own Mastermind. Masterminds at 5 points have +3 power, 7 points get -3 power.
Twist 1-7: Play the top 2 cards of the Villain Deck.
Twist 8: The player with the most victory points wins!

I have not had the opportunity to test this at all, and lacking in any lore knowledge on Wasteland, this could be a total flop. I think it would be an interesting take on Legendary, though. It turns the game into almost total competition. I already intend on playing Heroclix with my normal game group tomorrow, but hopefully I'll find time to test this.
Edit: Changed twist to standard 8.
Edit: Made the last twist trigger a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Just from a quick read through, this seems like it'd be a really fun scheme, I love competitive vs schemes. WIll definitely try this with my boyfriend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop are no longer working together. Anything FFG does with GW will no longer be printed.

Considering the Fantasy Flight headquarters here in Minneapolis has an entire wall with GW stuff, that will be awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.