Hide
6 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Using all 5 characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Beavor
msg tools
Hello again. I just played the first adventure last night and I thought it was pretty damn fun. I used the fighter, archer, and cleric and managed to escape the dungeon without using a healing surge. I was just about to set up the game to play the second adventure but now in thinking that I might want to do start over using all 5 characters. I was wondering if playing with five us any harder? Have any of you guys ran through the campaign while controlling all of the characters? I know that there will be more going on, but I'm not worried about that. Thanks you guys;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with 5 actually makes it easier. You have more characters to absorb damage, more daily and utility attacks, and the monsters attack less often since there are more turns that occur before the monster gets to be activated again.

If you want to keep it more challenging, I would stick with 2 or 3 heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
Wow thanks for the fast reply! Maybe I'll just stick with the three then, and go on to adventure 2. I can always just play through it again with a different squad. I actually have another question that I didn't see in the rulebook. If a monster rolls a 20 do they also get a critical and +1 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, nothing special happens if the monster rolls a 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Freedumb wrote:
Wow thanks for the fast reply! Maybe I'll just stick with the three then, and go on to adventure 2. I can always just play through it again with a different squad. I actually have another question that I didn't see in the rulebook. If a monster rolls a 20 do they also get a critical and +1 damage?

I personally think it plays best at 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
DoomTurtle wrote:
Playing with 5 actually makes it easier. You have more characters to absorb damage, more daily and utility attacks, and the monsters attack less often since there are more turns that occur before the monster gets to be activated again.

If you want to keep it more challenging, I would stick with 2 or 3 heroes.

But on the other hand, in 5 heroes games, the treasure is split up. Will take longer to level up and you wont stick tons of recharges on a single character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.