$30.00
Geeko Suave
msg tools
I've seen some threads talking around this but after much searching I can't find an answer. We had a game this past week where a player completed the plot quest Study at the Librarium which allows the player to draw and play an extra Intrigue card when taking a play an Intrigue card action. We also had the Hall of Many Pillars building in play that allows a player to play 3 Intrigue cards.

The player with the Librarium card argued playing on the Hall he was entitled to play up to 6 intrigue cards (the 3 from the Hall and a corresponding 3 for having the Librarium card). My interpretation is that chosing the Hall of Many Pillars is one action therefore he was entitled to 4 total.

I've been looking for an official interpretation, or barring that, just how others read that combination. Any feedback would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cojalu wrote:
I've seen some threads talking around this but after much searching I can't find an answer. We had a game this past week where a player completed the plot quest Study at the Librarium which allows the player to draw and play an extra Intrigue card when taking a play an Intrigue card action. We also had the Hall of Many Pillars building in play that allows a player to play 3 Intrigue cards.

The player with the Librarium card argued playing on the Hall he was entitled to play up to 6 intrigue cards (the 3 from the Hall and a corresponding 3 for having the Librarium card). My interpretation is that chosing the Hall of Many Pillars is one action therefore he was entitled to 4 total.

I've been looking for an official interpretation, or barring that, just how others read that combination. Any feedback would be awesome.
I agree with your interpretation. A more definitive way could be to see how the IOS version handles it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pettersson
Sweden
Arvika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Cojalu wrote:

I agree with your interpretation. A more definitive way could be to see how the IOS version handles it.

I agree.

I got the card out of the box and the exact wording is:

"After you take an action that allows you to play any [Intrigue], draw [Intrigue]. You can play that card immediately without taking an action."

It says "After you take an action", not "After you play an [Intrigue]". I'd argue going to the Hall of many Pillars and playing three Intrigue cards constitutes an action.

This is reinforced by the wording "play any [Intrigue]". I interpret that wording to mean one or more Intrigue cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.