Hide
7 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Refit Montgomery Scott (At Any Time Rule Clarification) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucius Bono
msg tools
I've been pretty quiet on here, but I have been playing (and starting to properly list build). Quick question about the APT fighting Scottie: He works like I think he does and would be able to stave off an APT from either a red maneuver or, say, Janeway's action, right?

I know this seems like an obvious one, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the "at any time" ruling and, to me, it makes this particular card read a little weird, since I don't believe the APT is placed on your ship between phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prime example of a stupid-ass ruling that should be ignored.

If at OP, check with your TO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
This card specifies timing. You may disable him any time an Aux is added to your ship. The any time verbiage is there to account for any phase.

Could it be worded better? Absolutely. Is this card limited in any way? Absolutely not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Bono
msg tools
mathguy6189 wrote:
This card specifies timing. You may disable him any time an Aux is added to your ship. The any time verbiage is there to account for any phase.

Could it be worded better? Absolutely. Is this card limited in any way? Absolutely not.

Awesome, that's what I thought but I didn't want to get too excited. And thanks so much for all your hard work on Warp Core Breach, I've listened to almost every episode and it has been invaluable at getting me up to speed. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:

Does the Vulcan tech Auxiliary Control Room work in the same way?

I remember there being a difference between it and the (better/cheaper) Power Grid after the Quark/"Any time" ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
mathguy6189 wrote:

Does the Vulcan tech Auxiliary Control Room work in the same way?

I remember there being a difference between it and the (better/cheaper) Power Grid after the Quark/"Any time" ruling.

No, because Auxiliary Control Room removes an APT, rather than preventing it from being placed. In that case, its trigger is not the placement of the APT, so "at any time" on Auxiliary Control Room does have to happen between Phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Power Grid is way better and as pointed out cheaper. If you find the Tal'Kir for close to retail it is worth it just for that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.