Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy welton
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also had an odd situation that came up.

I have a Drifter that was deputized so he would have the Keyword Law and purchased the Bounty Hunter Badge.

I ended up leveling the character next and decided to take Jaded which gives my character Outlaw.

Now I understand I cannot visit the sheriff's office again as I now have the Keyword outlaw, but if I am lucky and keep rolling a 4+ after each adventure, would I keep the keyword Law still? and could still use the Bounty Hunter badge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot find anything that says you cannot be Law and Outlaw at the same time, presumably you are a corrupt lawman. You therefore keep the keyword Law until it is lost when you cease to be a deputy. As an Outlaw you cannot go to the Sherriff's Office, even though you are also Law. Other restrictions will also apply.

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You also can't go to the smugglers den, because you are law.

However,i seem to recall ffp saying that you can't be law and outlaw at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really seem to recall somewhere a written statement in the rules where it said that Outlaw and Law were exclusive and you lost one when you gained the other ... although I cannot seem to find it at the moment. I would certainly play it that way, regardless, as it pretty obviously the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that too, but damned if I can find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Written on the Frontier outpost, Location event.

Deputized, ....You gain the key word law. Note if you currently have key word outlaw you must choose to replace it with law, or keep outlaw instead.

I would say that at all points, you can have one or the other not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy welton
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Silence wrote:
Written on the Frontier outpost, Location event.

Deputized, ....You gain the key word law. Note if you currently have key word outlaw you must choose to replace it with law, or keep outlaw instead.

I would say that at all points, you can have one or the other not both.

From the wording it looks like when you get deputized it checks for outlaw not after. Otherwise lots of issues could come up if we are applyingbsettlement events after

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forget where exactly but this (Law/Outlaw) is the only set of Key-Words that the Frog has so far stated cannot be combined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy welton
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thats what i would like to see. Seems lot of folks heard of the rule yet no one can point it out 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the Frontier Outpost. And it says "Note that..." <--- this phrase comes after a period, and is it's own clause. That's basically a definitive answer which can applied glonally. We've reasoned out other correct rules on much, much less.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.