$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Van Helsing's "Leader" ability only says "when you trade", and not "when you do a Trade Action" or something similar.

So can, for instance, Lord Godalming declare a trade action while not in the same city as anyone, and then exchange event cards with Van Helsing? Or must Van Helsing be the one to initiate the trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
Van Helsing's "Leader" ability only says "when you trade", and not "when you do a Trade Action" or something similar.

So can, for instance, Lord Godalming declare a trade action while not in the same city as anyone, and then exchange event cards with Van Helsing? Or must Van Helsing be the one to initiate the trade?

I'm fairly sure the answer is that Van Helsing must initiate the trade, although the wording (as so often) could be clearer.

According to the reference guide for a trade action

Quote:
When a hunter performs a trade action, he chooses another hunter in the same city as him. The two hunters can show each other their item cards and ticket tokens and give any of those cards and tokens to each other.

That seems clear that the person initiating the trade chooses and the target must be in the same city.

The reference guide also states

Quote:
When using his “Leader” ability, Van Helsing can choose to trade with any hunter in any city on the board.

So in this case the choice is Van Helsing's which to me indicates he is the one to initiate the trade and so must be the one taking the action.

As I said the wording could be clearer but I am sure the intent is that Van Helsing must take the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe H-B-G is correct in his interpretation of the rule and use of Van Helsing's Leadership ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Man

Tennessee
msg tools
Treat it just like Mina's Psychic Bond ability. Therefore, Helsing has to initiate the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.