$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
$5.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Free actions & Ending your day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J A
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow Andor enthusiasts!

After having carefully read the threads in the rules section of this forum, I understand the important points that:

- if a player has ended their day and retired to the sunrise box while other players are still taking turns (i.e., before the current round/day has ended), that player may not perform any free actions (using objects, exchanging items, etc.), because they are "asleep", so to speak.

- after the day has ended and all players are asleep, and until the sunrise sequence has been completed (ending with the advance of the Narrator), the only legal free action is to use a shield to counter a negative event card.

- after the Narrator has been advanced, but while the player's Time Sones are still in the Sunrise Box, the new day begins and players may take free actions on their turn before spending hours to perform their main action.


With all this in mind, I was uncertain about the following two points:


1. When is a player supposed to announce that he is ending his day?
I always assumed that on his turn a player could:
- move (spend hours)
- combat (costs 1 hour per round)
- wait/pass (costs 1 hour)
- end one's turn/retire (move one's Time Stone to sunrise box)

But is it also possible to end one's day/retire at the end of one's turn, even after taking free actions?


2. On a player's turn in which he intends to retire/end his day (instead of spending hours to take an action), can the player perform free actions (trading, using his falcon, exchanging objects with other players, etc.) before moving his Time Stone to the Sunrise Box?

In other words, if:

a. move
b. combat
c. wait/pass
d. end player's day/retire

It is possible to perform free actions before and after actions a, b, and c on one's turn (and on the turn of another player). But is it also possible to perform free actions before d?



Thanks for any help in clearing up these two points!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, soon-to-be Andorboygulp
Caylusboy wrote:
Hello fellow Andor enthusiasts!

After having carefully read the threads in the rules section of this forum, I understand the important points that:

- if a player has ended their day and retired to the sunrise box while other players are still taking turns (i.e., before the current round/day has ended), that player may not perform any free actions (using objects, exchanging items, etc.), because they are "asleep", so to speak.

Actually Micha Menzel explained that in the German forum. The heroine may not actively act, but still eg. give up willpower for an event card, get equipment exchanged. But not send the falcon.

Caylusboy wrote:


- after the day has ended and all players are asleep, and until the sunrise sequence has been completed (ending with the advance of the Narrator), the only legal free action is to use a shield to counter a negative event card.

- after the Narrator has been advanced, but while the player's Time Sones are still in the Sunrise Box, the new day begins and players may take free actions on their turn before spending hours to perform their main action.


With all this in mind, I was uncertain about the following two points:


1. When is a player supposed to announce that he is ending his day?
I always assumed that on his turn a player could:
- move (spend hours)
- combat (costs 1 hour per round)
- wait/pass (costs 1 hour)
- end one's turn/retire (move one's Time Stone to sunrise box)

But is it also possible to end one's day/retire at the end of one's turn, even after taking free actions?

Since you may take free actions as long as your time stone is not in the sunrise box, even out of your turn you just do your free actions in the last moments of last players turn and then decide to go to sleep. So your list is right. You always go to sleep at the beginning of your turn.

Caylusboy wrote:

2. On a player's turn in which he intends to retire/end his day (instead of spending hours to take an action), can the player perform free actions (trading, using his falcon, exchanging objects with other players, etc.) before moving his Time Stone to the Sunrise Box?

In other words, if:

a. move
b. combat
c. wait/pass
d. end player's day/retire

It is possible to perform free actions before and after actions a, b, and c on one's turn (and on the turn of another player). But is it also possible to perform free actions before d?

Yes, just do it the turn of the last player. But not in your turn.


Caylusboy wrote:

Thanks for any help in clearing up these two points!

You are welcome... to join the German forum. Some of us, including Micha, speak the King's languagewhistle
But the archives are mostly German. If in doubt just ask. Caveat, no announcing of the enhancement of body parts, pharmaceutical cardiac pills etc. These are seldom but almost always in English, kind of.soblue
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Vielen Dank, Wolfram for your helpful comments!(and for the invitation to join the German forum). You certainly seem to be the Andor authority and fountain of knowledge around BGG!

Happy gaming!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.