$30.00
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player activate one of his sighting markers and move it without revealing what units they are? The rules seem to say the owning player may voluntarily reveal but isn't required to.

Thematically it makes sense that a player can move them around without the opponent necessarily knowing what they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
Thematically it makes sense that a player can move them around without the opponent necessarily knowing what they are.

I can imagine debating it in both directions from a theme point of view...

But it makes no sense from a rule point of view. At least I don't recall any rule which made me think you can move sighting markers. Note that you move units. Sighting markers are markers.

(But it's been too long since I've played. Do you have some relevant rule in mind which I may not be remembering?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I agree with Russ. In order to move you need to activate the unit and in order to activate you need to reveal it.

Should be easy enough to house rule though if you prefer to allow movement of some markers (I assume you wouldn't allow movement of minefields and fortifications... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
Can a player activate one of his sighting markers and move it.

No. Sighting markers don't move, advance, fire, rally, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.