Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like to use words like "overpowered" or "break the game" because those words usually mean you haven't figured out how to counter, but holy crap!

Margo has a card called "The Big Break" (coincidentally?) which lets her reveal the top three cards of the villain deck, take any bystanders and defeat any villains for free. Anything else (which will mostly be Strike and Twists) go to the bottom of the deck!

She then puts a bystander on top, which could be good or bad, depending (but bystanders usually feel like breathers to me).

Sure, it costs 8 and there's only one of them, but the other big cards I saw for the heroes I was playing with didn't seem nearly as powerful.

It may be that other Margo cards aren't quite as useful, and that balances it out. There's also the fact that there are cards that reshuffle the villain deck, which hinders the effectiveness of bottom decking the nuisance cards, but I cannot imagine this card being anything but top priority when it hits the purchase pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halstead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I found it very useful with the Trying to kill Uncle Chu scheme because it sent Uncle Chus to the bottom of the deck and stopped them flooding the city so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
We've found almost all the BT rares to be pretty powerful. Some of them, like Henry Swanson's, are practically gamebreakers.

Also, Margo doesn't have any Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for this card, she doesn't need any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.