Subject: choice of characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm disappointed by the election of starting characters, for now. i'd played may be over one hundred plays to Arkham Horror and all its expansions. but obviously i feel more linked to investigators from the first and second box because they had been there from the begining, and they has been devoured more times: like Harvey Walters, Mandy Thomson, "Ashcan" Pete or Wilson Richards.

the characters will offer AH:TCG, for now, even i know from other AH expansions, they lack of these feelings, to me.

the case of Harvey Walters is even more bleeding, because this characer has been a constant in all the cthulhu gaming stuff: call of cthulhu rpg, mythos ccg, AH and then its derivate Elder Sign.

but i wonder if that selection takes sense by Eldrich Horror. i skipped all that game, so, am i missing something to explain the choice of AH:TCG?

edit: wrong vocabulary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawatzky
Canada
Randolph
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the rate that FFG pumps out content you probably won't have to wait long to see your favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror started with just a handful of investigators, but now we almost have all of them. You'll get all your favorites eventually through expansions.

Not sure why they chose those particular investigators or why they chose the ones they started with in Eldritch Horror even. They just choose whoever they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its possible they have specific characters in mind thematically for the various campaign cycles. Regardless, not remotely bother by who I'd be playing. I'm going to assume the characters and their tailored cards are deliberately powered/balanced for the campaign they're introduced in and that's good enough for me, whomever they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bigler
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Only Arkham Horror and Elder Sign share the exact same row of Investigators in its Core Sets. All other Arkham Files Games uses different Investigators.

From the AHBG Core Set:

Ashcan Pete, Gloria Goldberg, Harvey Walters, Jenny Barnes, Joe Diamond, Kate Winthrop, Michael McGlen and Sister Mary, all of them are in Mansions 1st Core; all of the others are included only in the Elder Sign core (but are included in several expansions for other games, like Dexter Drake, which appears in Signs of Carcosa, Eldritch Horror expansion.

I think is a good way to give some of less famous Investigators o more important role (and heroic chance) in the Arkham Files mythology. And, sooner or later, all investigators get their rightful places

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.