Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Armies seem brutal in a six-player game.

Without a perfect make-up, it seems like a person is likely to eb doing one of the already hard checks with a d4.

What sort of houserules have any people made to make this doable with six players. I really don't like telling part of my group they can't play this round and they'll have to do it in a separate round.

We trialled duplicating one of the other checks, but we found that wasn't really enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the PACG designer's, who did not work on the Army scenarios in Wrath, made these suggestions in this thread:

Keith Richmond wrote:
In terms of general army changes, switching it from if any fail to if half+ fail, allowing characters to double up on checks but increasing the difficulty by the # of characters doing that check if you do, adding a couple more options to each card, changing combat to not be 1 check but that half (min 1) of the characters can do the combat check. The Pazuzu's Host (6 non-combats, if you fail then make a combat) style fix could also work, but I'm not sure I'd want to use quite so liberally.

The Pazuzu's Host fix refers to the henchman from the Organized Play Season of the Righteous adventure 1-P. (Keep in mind this is effectively an adventure 7 scenario.) The henchman is an army with the following 25 difficulty checks to defeat:
ACROBATICS
ARCANE
FORTITUDE
KNOWLEDGE
PERCEPTION
RANGED
The henchman has the power: "Each character chooses a different check to defeat. Each character who fails a check to defeat must attempt a Combat 50 check. If any character fails both checks, the barrier is undefeated; otherwise, it is defeated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

My reaction was only after scenario 2-2. Not reassured (but not exactly surprised) to hear the armies get even harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.