Subject: Heroes of the Aturi Cluster resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rune
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a web site/wiki/forum or similar deciated to Heroes of the Aturi Cluster? It would be nice to have a place to have discussions, collect custom missions etc.

I would have added it to BGG as a Fan Expansion, but the submission guidelines doesn't allow web published games that isn't "available in its final form"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Denzer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Facebook group dedicated to this campaign.

Search for Heroes of the Aturi Cluster Custom Campaigns, Missions & Rules. It is a closed group, so you will need to request an add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune wrote:

I would have added it to BGG as a Fan Expansion...

I am planning to do this, basically as soon as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I just downloaded the PDFs for the game.

Can anyone give me any advise on what material to print the components on to get the best results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
turbocooler wrote:
I just downloaded the PDFs for the game.

Can anyone give me any advise on what material to print the components on to get the best results?

I printed out the token PDFs on 8 1/2 X 11 sticker paper at FedEx kinkos. Then I purchased a package of 8 1/2 X 11 chipboard and chipboard scissors from Amazon. I only really wanted the minefield tokens and the ion clouds. I stuck the sheets to the chipboard and cut them out very slowly. They came out great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had some mat board (like you use for framing pictures) and used that. Like the previous poster I printed on full-page labels, stuck that to the mat board, and then carefully cut everything out. One tip I will share is to take a black sharpie and color the edges once everything is cut out. The ion clouds look awesome that way. I used an orange sharpie for the minefields, and they too look great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went for a low cost solution and used full-page labels glued to whatever card board packaging material I had lying around. A couple of toner cartridge packages, a shoe box, some Book Depository packaging etc. It turned out great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune wrote:
Is there a web site/wiki/forum or similar deciated to Heroes of the Aturi Cluster? It would be nice to have a place to have discussions, collect custom missions etc.

Dockingbay416, the site hosting Heroes of the Aturi Cluster now has a dedicated forum for it,

http://dockingbay416.com/forums/forum/heroes-of-the-aturi-cl...

If it grows, sub forums for missions etc can be added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been sitting here looking at the laser / blaster turrets and trying to decide how to assemble them. The instructions suggest using a split pin, but I thought I wanted to try something different. I finally hit on an idea... magnets! If they're good enough for ship mounts, why not this?

I bought some thin (2mm) round magnets. I glued one to the bottom of the turret base, and one underneath the gun itself. After letting the glue dry, I put the two together. It's amazingly smooth when rotating, and it stays exactly where I put it when I stop. To keep the assembly from rocking due to the magnet in the center of the bottom, I added some rubber feet.

I also colored the side of the mat board with a black sharpie to make them look better.

Here's the finished item. I am incredibly pleased with how smooth the rotating action feels. When I stop rotating, the turret stays exactly where I left it.

This is the bottom view, showing the rubber feet and one of the two magnets.

This is the inside view. There is a magnet glued to each part of the turret, and they "snap" together via magnetic force. To pull them apart I just slide the parts sideways.

I do have to figure out how to keep the various parts from fighting each other in the storage container...

Speaking of which, I got one of these to carry my stuff in.

https://www.michaels.com/recollections-signature-crafting-st...

It's designed for scrap-booking but works perfectly to keep all of my HotAC components together. The ion clouds, rule book, AI cards, ship cards, and other large items go in the lift-out tray on top. Underneath are compartments for various tokens and other mission items. There is room for dice and everything I need except for ships.

Finally, I wanted to do something for tracking XP during the missions. I had some pony beads sitting around from other projects, and I had a brainstorm - I asked each player to bring an extra base + peg. When they earn XP during a mission, they get a bead and put it on their peg. When they get five red beads they trade it in for a white bead. At the end of the mission, they count their beads.

We had one player spill his beads... more than once. So for the second mission he brought a split ring. He still uses beads, but he can't spill them. I don't have pictures of this, but I'm sure you can imagine it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bain
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Check out The HotAC Facebook page. I'm consolidating as much information as I can find. https://www.facebook.com/groups/872507722883025/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.