$20.00
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time we played we could not quite figure out if e.g. I do direct damage to Kenta using a tome spell - so NOT using an attack card - will I get RANCOR status?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Sprung
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
supamanu wrote:
Last time we played we could not quite figure out if e.g. I do direct damage to Kenta using a tome spell - so NOT using an attack card - will I get RANCOR status?
Thanks for the question. Kenta's gametext states:
Quote:
"Whenever you are damaged by an attack, the master dealing you damage gains RANCOR status."
There is a distinction between "attacks" and "effects". So when he takes damage from an effect (i.e. RIPOSTE or tome effect), the master dealing the damage doesn't gain RANCOR. Only when he takes damage from an attack (i.e. your typical attack or a bonus attack following a CHAIN), the master dealing the damage gains RANCOR.

Thematically, Kenta gets angry at those masters who are trying to hurt him with physical attacks. When he takes damage from a defense, he's already mad at that master. Strategically, Kenta's opponents can try to work around this negative status with clever effects and trying to remain out of his attack patterns.

I'll be sure to update the FAQ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.